Laboratories used as Form rooms

Please can anyone tell me where I can find information on laboratories being used as Form rooms, I am sure that this is against Cleapss guidelines but need the information to show to management

We have labs used as form rooms...BUT...the form tutor is a science teacher, the students are 6th form, there is absolutely no eating or drinking in them, the students cannot be in them unsupervised ever - this works because there is always a science teacher on the landing to keep an eye/ear out.

Please can anyone tell me where I can find information on laboratories being used as Form rooms, I am sure that this is against Cleapss guidelines but need the information to show to management
I have asked the HoY (ic2 science) to brief the form teachers who are using the labs.

The cleapss guidance says must not be used even for registration by non science teachers. This is something that's happening this term in our school, the 6th form are being registered in the science classroom which seems to have been OK'd by the senior management of which one is an A level chemistry teacher.
I don't see how it will be a problem in our particular situation as there is nothing accessible by students other than glassware etc in cupboards and Im generally around too. The form tutor is experienced and has good control of pupils. If Im likely to need to set things up in advance Ill either wait with the setup till theyve gone or avoid putting out chemicals until then.

Nick Mitchener

COMMITTEE
At my last school a non science teacher had a yr10 tutor group in a lab. One day I asked her to be very careful as I had put about £6-7000 worth of physics kit out. They found another room and I never saw them in there again!

Happens here, not enough rooms available usually always science teachers though, if I think the equipment will be messed with it doesn't go out until they have gone.

We have the same problem. Yr 8 forms and non science teachers. Most are responsible and strict with the students but does cause a bit of a problem with setting up equipment, dismantling equipment and the doors not being locked when they leave. We have to screen of said equipment when we can't remove it because it's too hot or haven't got time. The other issue is keeping the sides clear of form stuff, again some are tidy and well organised, some are not. I just e-mail issues to HOD and HOY and leave them to sort it.

A lot of our Science teachers are form tutors anyway.

Most of our rooms are used but i think all tutors are science, but last year was 6th form and non science tutors.
Didn`t like non science teaching in rooms as they haven`t clue how labs work.
We are taking to keeping all doors locked when not in use from this year as teachers got bit slack in previous years.
They have been given their own projector zapper with name on it this year so will soon see who is sloppy and looses them or key to room as we have no spares. Probably can make a guess already!

Most of our rooms are used as form rooms with a science teacher being their tutor. I'd never really though about whether it was allowed or not, but we don't really have much choice because there aren't enough available rooms otherwise.