JOB DESCRIPTION

Do you just do your JOB DESCRIPTION says or do you go beyond your job Description
No-one works just to their JD. At the bottom of any JD, there is always 'and anything else deemed fitting according to your paygrade' or similar. This of course could mean literally anything :rolleyes: :confused:

Julie Delaney

COMMITTEE
Do you just do your JOB DESCRIPTION says or do you go beyond your job Description
I imagine that we all go beyond our job descriptions Dinta, probably covered by that section " and any other duties commensurate with the pay grade" Mine usually involves running my "drop in centre" for the aggrieved and upset. AKA my prep room and shoulder to cry on, moan at etc.

Not bound by my job description here, though most of the extra is stuff I do because I find it fun or interesting. I'm up for most things :)

I imagine that we all go beyond our job descriptions Dinta, probably covered by that section " and any other duties commensurate with the pay grade" Mine usually involves running my "drop in centre" for the aggrieved and upset. AKA my prep room and shoulder to cry on, moan at etc.
And it always seems to be my job to get card and cake when it is someones birthday. Happy to do this when have time but annoys me there is an assumption I will always do it!!

Yes I'm very selective with favours, depends what they are and who they are for, as some take advantage and it becomes your job.

CovTech

Lvl 37 Alchemist
COMMITTEE
Yes I'm very selective with favours, depends what they are and who they are for, as some take advantage and it becomes your job.
I am pretty free when it comes to favours to be honest, I make sure they know it's a one off mind you, and I always collect

I'm not sure there's many people left in the building from top of the tree down to the part timer caterers who don't "owe me one" at this point after 10 years here
Sometimes good relationships are worth that little extra each day

Oh yes, I reckon most prep rooms constitute safe venting-space for the teachers ;). Occasionally it's possible to come up with a useful solution, but often it's more a matter of just being there and listening. Hmm, wonder if counselling skills would count as valid CPD?

Oh yes, I reckon most prep rooms constitute safe venting-space for the teachers ;). Occasionally it's possible to come up with a useful solution, but often it's more a matter of just being there and listening. Hmm, wonder if counselling skills would count as valid CPD?

Great idea! I'll add some psychology courses to my wishlist on FutureLearn :p