It's #TECHOGNITION DAY!

prepAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
COMMITTEE
#TECHOGNITION - 11th June 2021

It's #TECHOGNITION day!
You can start uploading photos to our website from 08:00 this morning.
http://techognition.org
BIG prizes to be won and we will be selecting photos at random all day to receive a merch pack (While stocks last)
Don't forget the hashtag when you tweet or post on Facebook or Instagram too!

During this one-day event in association with UNISON and Gratnells, we encourage technical staff in UK schools and colleges to upload photos of themselves or their colleagues performing any one of the vast and varied jobs they do to our event website (the upload form will appear on the day of the event) and to social media alongside the hashtag #TECHOGNITION

All technicians in schools and colleges in the UK are welcome to take part so please share the date and details with your colleagues in ICT, art. D&T, food tech, music, theatre and other departments that have technical staff.

I finally remembered to email pics to myself this year so I don't have to scurry around the school looking for phone signal to upload :p

Can't wait to see everyones pics! Mine are quite weird because its like ''all the stuff i was able to do since there were fewer practicals'' haha

I finally remembered to email pics to myself this year so I don't have to scurry around the school looking for phone signal to upload :p

Can't wait to see everyones pics! Mine are quite weird because its like ''all the stuff i was able to do since there were fewer practicals'' haha
I'm jealous of your breakfast :p :cake:

Do the pics all have to be taken today btw? I have some crackers from throughout the term that i'd love to share but I wouldn't want to be accused of 'cheating' if its only supposed to be pics from today :p

karen b

COMMITTEE
Do the pics all have to be taken today btw? I have some crackers from throughout the term that i'd love to share but I wouldn't want to be accused of 'cheating' if its only supposed to be pics from today :p
I spotted one or two from earlier in the year because the month was included as part of the title

I'd say go for it. There are some great pictures up already, really interesting.
But I reckon if we remove the ones that didn't happen this morning, they'd both still be good! :laughing: ;)

<<<<<< In celebration of the day I prepared a very competent self portrait of myself.

Some great pics out there even if it doesnt ultimately lead to higher wages and all we desire and deserve. At the very least this may just highlight that techs in schools exist and it is a real job! :D

That would be a good idea for next year, the technicians get to vote on their favourite.
That would be cool too!

From experience with things like this, there would for sure be a few fights if the winners were chosen by 'likes' alone :p

But would be cool to have a 'techs choice' prize or a handful, even if its just for the merch giveaways :)

Great to see everyone getting involved so far, can't wait to get on twitter/insta when I can get phone signal (c2k blocks social media here on the school computers :( )

prepAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
COMMITTEE
Well, no reply from @prepAdmin and the gallery and upload page has gone down, it's all gone mad.
We're going viral, here comes our pay rise!!

:laughing:

It has been up all morning from what we can see. There have been times where uploads have taken a bit longer as there are so many being uploaded at the same time but should be working for all. Sorry for the delay in replying... been a bit hectic today! :oops:

I can still see both....
Sure it's not your end?

Ah could be.
I'm getting:

404 - File or directory not found.​

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.​

It has been up all morning from what we can see. There have been times where uploads have taken a bit longer as there are so many being uploaded at the same time but should be working for all. Sorry for the delay in replying... been a bit hectic today! :oops:
No worries, thought you might be swamped. :)