ISAN-8 COVID disinfectant

Has anyone come across this lot:

Looks too good to be true - anyone had any experience with these products

Just checking out their website and I'm absolutely wetting myself at this :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Donald Trump must have sent them an email with this question

''If it is so safe can I drink it?
Isan-8 is a 100% non-toxic & safe product and is has been consumed in tests & demonstrations. However, the biggest downside to drinking this is that if you do it regularly or in large volumes you’ll create an imbalance between the good bacteria and bad bacteria in your body which can lead to susceptible to infection.''

Rule 1 of science ''do not eat or drink anything in the lab''!!

I can also imagine the board meeting:
'Hello all, thank you for coming to this meeting. To kick us off this morning we have volunteered our lowest paid worker to come in and they are going to demonstrate how to drink disinfectant''

You can tell cos the guy who spammed the site last night called himself PreproomPete
It's a common tactic of spammers to name themselves something which includes the site name when they register to attempt to give their nonsense more legitimacy

prepAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
COMMITTEE
I've banned the member for spamming this link. I'd steer well clear - it reeks of spam/scam and I don't approve of their marketing skills either. Stick to your usual suppliers and be wary of any company appearing out of nowhere and trying to make a quick buck out of this crisis.

I've banned the member for spamming this link. I'd steer well clear - it reeks of spam/scam and I don't approve of their marketing skills either. Stick to your usual suppliers and be wary of any company appearing out of nowhere and trying to make a quick buck out of this crisis.
absolutely, and any company suggesting their cleaning product is safe enough to drink is either completely tone-deaf to health and safety or completely incompetent.

look up hypochlorous acid, that's all it is. And yes, it IS actually supposed to be pretty damn good, and NO, I'm not sponsored. And yes, in theory at least, it can be used as oral irrigation in dentists etc, as the body produces it naturally to fight infection...so limited ingestion osn't supposed ot be terrible. Lots and lots of papers out there on it.

I use it at home for my surfaces, floors etc. Not this ISAN stuff, I have a spray bottle that makes it in situ.

Link. and a couple of extracts. It is quite highly rated in testing. Again, not this ISAN stuff, but that DOES contain hypoclorus as the active component.

HOCl has been shown to inactivate a variety of viruses including coronaviruses in less than 1 minute.39 At a concentration of 200 ppm, HOCl is effective in decontaminating inert surfaces carrying noroviruses and other enteric viruses in a 1-minute contact time. When diluted 10-fold, HOCl solutions at 20 ppm were still effective in decontaminating environmental surfaces carrying viruses in a 10-minute contact time.

If HOCl is used as a mouth rinse, one must assume that a portion of the rinse will be swallowed. The systemic and gastrointestinal effects of ingesting HOCl, from the perspective of its use in mouthwash, was evaluated in an animal study.45 Seventeen mice were given free access to HOCl water as drinking water. No abnormal findings were observed in terms of visual inspections of the oral cavity, histopathologic tests, or measurements of surface enamel roughness, showing no systemic effect.

Link. and a couple of extracts.

HOCl has been shown to inactivate a variety of viruses including coronaviruses in less than 1 minute.39 At a concentration of 200 ppm, HOCl is effective in decontaminating inert surfaces carrying noroviruses and other enteric viruses in a 1-minute contact time. When diluted 10-fold, HOCl solutions at 20 ppm were still effective in decontaminating environmental surfaces carrying viruses in a 10-minute contact time.

If HOCl is used as a mouth rinse, one must assume that a portion of the rinse will be swallowed. The systemic and gastrointestinal effects of ingesting HOCl, from the perspective of its use in mouthwash, was evaluated in an animal study.45 Seventeen mice were given free access to HOCl water as drinking water. No abnormal findings were observed in terms of visual inspections of the oral cavity, histopathologic tests, or measurements of surface enamel roughness, showing no systemic effect.
Thanks @Igor Yep - I have some info from CLEAPSS about this but just waiting for clarification and agreement from @prepAdmin before I post anything.
But, all, it appears genuine and isn't a scam