Is your school actually COVID 'secure'?

It would be intersting to have a poll to see how many schools have compulsory mask wearing by both pupils and/or staff........and how many ECV/CV techs.
Staggered break times and no changeover times are definitely impacting on planning on delivery/collection of resources and demos for me.

Face masks not even being recommended here at all for staff or students. Frankly just stupid very narrow corridors, tight stairwells all crowded I just don't get their reasoning at all. I'm just trying to sit tight in my prep room alone as much as possible.

Also still having loads of face to face meetings like they've never heard of zoom. On the first day back the entire staff were called into a 90 min presentation in the auditorium with no ventilation, very little social distancing a handful of people wearing masks!

STEM1

Dave
Must admit I don't feel particularly safe. STEM is now taught all over the school and text books have to be delivered and collected from all year groups, from wherever they are being taught. Most of the school does not have lifts so there is lots of carrying down long corridors and staircases. Technicians have to handle items that have been handled by all year groups. We do our best regarding hand-washing and mask wearing. We don't handle items from different year groups without handwashing in between. But when you're carrying a heavy tray of books they rub against your arms and clothing. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid!

Must admit I don't feel particularly safe. STEM is now taught all over the school and text books have to be delivered and collected from all year groups, from wherever they are being taught. Most of the school does not have lifts so there is lots of carrying down long corridors and staircases. Technicians have to handle items that have been handled by all year groups. We do our best regarding hand-washing and mask wearing. We don't handle items from different year groups without handwashing in between. But when you're carrying a heavy tray of books they rub against your arms and clothing. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid!
Yeah. We're the "weak link" if you like as we have to be cross-bubble. I'm just pushing trolleys as much as possible rather than carrying stuff and washing hands/sanitising regularly, wearing my mask and hoping.

Same here! My hands are red raw with washing already and we haven't even been delivering that much yet. As you say though when carrying trays it rubs up on you. Thankfully so far my 'carrying about' has been from prep room to students and not the other way around, so i just need to worry about stuff being clean when I give it out for now at least nothing is coming back my way.

Nope, I know just what you mean! Most kids are, at the best of times, dirty little beggars!:laughing: Even wearing a mask I hold my breath when I have to go into room. Would hate to be teacher at moment.
No lifts here either.

I feel less safe as time goes on and we're only doing demos still here so not yet handling stuff that the students have touched.

I popped into a classroom earlier and the kids who were waiting to go in were asked to sanitise their hands while they waited. I watched at least three of them wave their hands under the dispenser without actually activating it and then rub their hands together as if they'd got gel on them even though they clearly hadn't. That's just one class so how many other students are just pretending to sanitise before a lesson?! :confused:

We're demo and student. THAT doesn't bother me. Kit comes in, kit gets washed, Hands get washed.

Kids in corridors with no masks, no regular cleaning of doors and "high touch" surfaces concerns me. I wear my mask all the time. And the doors and high touch surfaces I do 5-6 times a day, as access allows. They're doing a lot of carpet vacuuming, but since when does that make a lot of diff.

I carry a cloth and a bottle of dilute bleach on my mobility scooter...I don't touch a surface if I can help it before I've wiped it, and I wipe them after as well.

As I've said elsewhere on the boards, face masks are mandatory throughout the school in common areas including classrooms, labs and workshops. I think once our bubbles are in their respective zone they can be removed but that might only be for eating and drinking, shamefully I can't remember. Obviously, being teenagers, some students are chancing their arm and trying to get away with not wearing them. I understand there is to be a push next week, once all years are in school, to reinforce the message. I hope it works. I'm not mingling as much as I can, not only with the students, I'm staying well away from other staff too! I wash my hands a lot, gel and wipes (for telephone, keyboard, mouse etc) also make regular appearances and I don't put them anywhere near my face (my hands that is :) ). I sanitise my benches when I arrive and always wash or sanitise my hands before sitting down at the VERY clean bench where the computer is, it is my admin station.
Still trying to get some PPE for the IRM kits so no practicals yet. Once practicals are back on the menu I will be doing prep and clearing up wearing disposable apron, gloves and mask, for both my protection and that of the students. I will of course not use the same PPE between bubbles.
We can but look after ourselves to the best of our ability. I firmly believe there are lines not to be crossed, each of us will draw our own.

No RA [diabetic] told I had to babysit a teacher in broom cupboard - room so small it has a sliding door, I could walk up the middle and touch every student - no 2m social distancing achievable. Been off sick 2 weeks resigned on the 7th Sept!

Carol Taylor

Footsore
None of our students wear face masks (they are not compulsory) and there is very little social distancing in corridors and communal areas
Same...ditto staff...overheard the men working out which pub to go to on Friday …… after all the staff who populate the staffroom must be a bubble!!!!