Is eating allowed in the prep room?

Like the labs we don't eat in our prep room (including teachers). I am just curious if other technicians eat their lunch in your prep room?

CLEAPSS frowns on it, but says if there is an area that is designated as an office area (eg a bench where there are computers and no preps to ever take place) then it can be used in the absence of readily available alternatives.

So yes, I eat in front of my computer, but am actively trying to get a designated staff room set up as part of the new science block set-up.

Sharon Elsdon

COMMITTEE
I have a designated computer area and no chemicals etc are ever on that area. As the others say with Covid it's the best area in absence of other areas to go to.

karen b

COMMITTEE
We have a separate science staff room and generally eat in there. However sometimes the teachers come in before we have finished and we decamp to the prep room. We have desk space at one end and will sit there to eat. It is well away from the wet bench.

We have a 'chemical free' room in which we have a kettle, microwave and fridge, science uses this for eating and drinking.

Fortunately this is the room I usually sit in so I'm right next to any food which has been brought in for the department, hence the extra girth:cake::coffee:

Like the labs we don't eat in our prep room (including teachers). I am just curious if other technicians eat their lunch in your prep room?
We have no choice, there is nowhere else to go. Teachers eat in the prep room as well. We have a little area where we sit for lunch and do not prepare jobs in that area.

Pre Covid would go to school staff room, but do have clean desk area in prep room where I will eat my lunch at the moment and have my coffee.

I dont usually but at the moment i eat in my car or on a clean space by my computer .Just because of Covid
Me too...I eat snacks and lunch in my car though I do have the odd coffee from my flask next to my computer...just to power me through...The staff room never looks safe to me...