Interview (gulp)

Good Morning all, bit of background, Ive worked within Post 16 at 2 colleges as a various tech (physics/DT/Mech eng). Have a remote interview tomorrow a this exact time! Any Advice was a senior tech in last school (3 yrs ago) but unfortunately a serious motorcycle crash on way back on the last day of term left me uable to return..(my injruies.medication/site size, anyway, as an ex soldier, i have managed to get up again and have been asked to be interviewed for a DT tech job. Have years of experience within engineering and in the army. I hope to put myself across well and secure a job after 3 years of recovery. any advice be appreciated. (have a new shirt and tie!

Be confident, look them in the eye. Be honest about skills and experience and why you've been out of the workforce for a number of years. Let them know without a doubt that you can do the work - show them that you are a fighter. I have chronic pain (30 years plus) and have found my workforce to be very supportive. Good luck!

Thank you, I am still on occasional morphine but mostly i can cope with my chronic pain, its sometimes the back and spine play up having serious degenerative condition after the army and the bike accident. Would the interview be about 30 mins? I cant sit for long periods of time!

Thank you, I am still on occasional morphine but mostly i can cope with my chronic pain, its sometimes the back and spine play up having serious degenerative condition after the army and the bike accident. Would the interview be about 30 mins? I cant sit for long periods of time!
The forum is very quiet atm as a lot of techs have been furloughed or are working from home.

Interviews can vary, depends on the school. Most of mine have been about 30 mins long, but they have to make concessions so make it known on your application that you are unable to sit for extended periods of time so if you have to get up they know why.

Hand a good interview but wasn’t successful unfortunately. I will things for now as I have a war pension tribunal to see through so maybe it was for the best.

Good Morning all, bit of background, Ive worked within Post 16 at 2 colleges as a various tech (physics/DT/Mech eng). Have a remote interview tomorrow a this exact time! Any Advice was a senior tech in last school (3 yrs ago) but unfortunately a serious motorcycle crash on way back on the last day of term left me uable to return..(my injruies.medication/site size, anyway, as an ex soldier, i have managed to get up again and have been asked to be interviewed for a DT tech job. Have years of experience within engineering and in the army. I hope to put myself across well and secure a job after 3 years of recovery. any advice be appreciated. (have a new shirt and tie!
I do feel for you. However you are the right stuff and you will be fine. Good luck

The forum is very quiet atm as a lot of techs have been furloughed or are working from home.

Interviews can vary, depends on the school. Most of mine have been about 30 mins long, but they have to make concessions so make it known on your application that you are unable to sit for extended periods of time so if you have to get up they know why.
Mine have been a full day Jade. Best wishes George