I chose the wrong day to come in and get some jobs done !

After saying I wasn't going to come in this holiday, I decided I couldn't face coming back to the prep room looking like a bomb site, so popped in to do a few hours tidying up today...

... only to find a swarm of PAT testers turning the department upside down ! In a way it's good that I came in, as I've unlocked all the cupboards for them (site team didn't tell me they were coming), but now I've run away to hide in the wildlife garden until they've finished occupying my prep room. I'm taking the opportunity to do a 'backyard bioblitz' for #30dayswild :)

After saying I wasn't going to come in this holiday, I decided I couldn't face coming back to the prep room looking like a bomb site, so popped in to do a few hours tidying up today...

... only to find a swarm of PAT testers turning the department upside down ! In a way it's good that I came in, as I've unlocked all the cupboards for them (site team didn't tell me they were coming), but now I've run away to hide in the wildlife garden until they've finished occupying my prep room. I'm taking the opportunity to do a 'backyard bioblitz' for #30dayswild :)
We have to do our own pats, hundreds of items too!

I do the PAT testing for the whole of the school, but at least I'm paid an extra 5 weeks :) Do an extra hour in the mornings that way I only come in for a week in summer :) Counting down to 1/2 term off tomorrow(inset) then all next week Yay :)

In some ways lucky you! We have to do our own PAT testing here which is hundreds of items. We don't get any extra time or money for doing it which is why its running a bit (a lot!) behind schedule. We never agreed to doing it, just got told we've got no choice.

We have to do our own pats, hundreds of items too!
I do the PAT testing for the whole of the school, but at least I'm paid an extra 5 weeks :) Do an extra hour in the mornings that way I only come in for a week in summer :) Counting down to 1/2 term off tomorrow(inset) then all next week Yay :)
In some ways lucky you! We have to do our own PAT testing here which is hundreds of items. We don't get any extra time or money for doing it which is why its running a bit (a lot!) behind schedule. We never agreed to doing it, just got told we've got no choice.
I don't think our site manager would trust me to do PAT testing, he doesn't seem to think I'm capable of using a plane or a drill, let alone mains electricity (presumably cos I'm a girl :rolleyes: ) I'm definitely happy with it this way though, that's rubbish if you don't even get extra time or money to do it.

Our site manager didn't tell us that PAT testing was being done over the summer holidays last year so they only tested what was out on shelves - about a quarter of our appliances :rolleyes:. As I need to use something I call them over to test it - a lot let efficient than if they had asked me to put stuff out on benches.

Boring PAT stats.

In the last year I have performed 788 visual tests, 984 visual and full tests combined and entered 127 new items to the database. There has been murmurings in the past about out sourcing PAT. At times I wish they would but no doubt they would drop my salary as a result.

Long live PAT. :bored::bored::bored:

CovTech

Lvl 37 Alchemist
COMMITTEE
Boring PAT stats.

In the last year I have performed 788 visual tests, 984 visual and full tests combined and entered 127 new items to the database. There has been murmurings in the past about out sourcing PAT. At times I wish they would but no doubt they would drop my salary as a result.

Long live PAT. :bored::bored::bored:
Also kudos to you for not using the tautology ;)

I once spent a summer unpacking and testing new monitors (both PAT and functions) for my uni. Bloody boring but it covered my summer expenses.