Hot hot hot

I'm in envy of all the techs who have already finished for the holidays. It's 35 degrees in the prep room here and it's not even the afternoon yet and we finish on Friday when it's forecast to rain!
Can anyone beat 35 degrees in their prep room?

I'm still here and the HoD thinks I have time to organize text books as I look at the pile of chemical waste that needs disposing LOL.

27.1 atm

Only 32 degrees, and I have all the windows open, the fire door propped open and the door to the garden. Collapsed classes, we hade 185 off yesterday

Was 33, blinds down, doors & windows open, now 31
The record several years ago was in a very small prep room with no blinds, windows that couldn't be opened, & full sun on it, 45!!
We had to stay out of there. A bottle of something exploded I remember.

You need a cold water bottle to hug! Kids laughed at me yesterday when I said I fill a hot water bottle with cold water & some ice, ahhh lovely for tootsies!

Reactions: kaj
The record several years ago was in a very small prep room with no blinds, windows that couldn't be opened, & full sun on it, 45!!

You need a cold water bottle to hug! Kids laughed at me yesterday when I said I fill a hot water bottle with cold water & some ice, ahhh lovely for tootsies!

Good idea about a cold water bottle, I might fill a washing up bowl with iced water and stick my feet in it.

"Only" 28 here but very stuffy. Have "acquired" as many fans as we can to keep ourselves cool. Luckily we have a water cooler in the kitchen though so plenty of cool fluids are available!

karen b

COMMITTEE
Didn’t check the temp when I popped in on Monday, but I swear the ceiling heating panels were still on in some rooms! It was definitely a bit toasty

Breaching 30 here in NI this week, I feel like I haven't been able to breathe for days haha.

Even when I get myself a cold drink its up to room temp before I even get my mouth around it. Was having beer in the garden last night and it was roasting by the third sip :( and that was with it sitting in full shade haha

Thermometer in the prep room reading 29.8 and that's with the fan. Don't you just love a Gallifords build tin roof:drool:

My drawer of thermometers says 28, down here in the cool part of the building. Biology, however have a lovely 1st floor south facing room above a playground, it's like a furnace up there.