Hello fellow techies, how have i only just discovered this forum

Hello all. I have been a science technician for 36 years in Derbyshire and have only just discovered this forum, i know, i know, I am rubbish. I have been fascinated for the last few days by all the information on here, it just goes to show you can never know everything and there's always some new idea to find and try out. I can't wait to return to work after the summer holidays and put some of the ideas in practice, I shall also happily add any knowledge from my vast years of experience dealing with the fallout from school science lessons.

Hello all. I have been a science technician for 36 years in Derbyshire and have only just discovered this forum, i know, i know, I am rubbish. I have been fascinated for the last few days by all the information on here, it just goes to show you can never know everything and there's always some new idea to find and try out. I can't wait to return to work after the summer holidays and put some of the ideas in practice, I shall also happily add any knowledge from my vast years of experience dealing with the fallout from school science lessons.
welcome @KarenC

karen b

COMMITTEE
Welcome Karen. Whereabouts in Derbyshire are you? Do you go to the East Midlands Technician Network meetings in Leicester or is that too far for you?

Where have you been Karen? I certainly look forward to your posts and your vast experience that you will bring to this Forum. Best wishes. :):)

Welcome Karen. Whereabouts in Derbyshire are you? Do you go to the East Midlands Technician Network meetings in Leicester or is that too far for you?
I'm based in Chesterfield, Leicester is about an hours drive so not too far. Being the only science technician for 10 and a half teachers its difficult to attend social events, I don't get to escape very often.