Healthy Eating

I've lost my central heating - 80lbs to be precise, so I now feel the cold!
Wow well done! I've been on Fast 800. Lost 7lbs first week, nothing at all for next 2 months despite all the weighing, measuring etc. Got fed up, added in more grub & started losing it. Just shows, even Doc recommended diets aren't a 'one size fits all' ( no pun intended.)

Wow well done! I've been on Fast 800. Lost 7lbs first week, nothing at all for next 2 months despite all the weighing, measuring etc. Got fed up, added in more grub & started losing it. Just shows, even Doc recommended diets aren't a 'one size fits all' ( no pun intended.)

I did mine by eating like my grandma did pass the beef dripping hold the bread - cutting sugars & starches, no calorie deficit [a con we've been fed] just by controlling insulin response - the hormone which tells your body to store excess energy as fat!

Had weight issues since I was 8/9 years old, chucked the low fat diet book out the window, I now weight what I did 40 years ago as a teenager!

I lost 11lb in a few weeks over the summer by cutting out sugars and carbs, but I put it all back on within two weeks of coming back to work! :oops2:
I need to find better ideas for packed lunches as sandwiches and crisps are not helping.

Funny that this should come up on here. I've recently started low carb too. I put on just over a stone during lockdown and I was borderline T2 diabetic a couple of years ago so really need this to work. The only problem I find with a lot of the recipe sites is that they're based In US.

I did mine by eating like my grandma did pass the beef dripping hold the bread - cutting sugars & starches, no calorie deficit [a con we've been fed] just by controlling insulin response - the hormone which tells your body to store excess energy as fat!

Had weight issues since I was 8/9 years old, chucked the low fat diet book out the window, I now weight what I did 40 years ago as a teenager!
Hehe. Since coming off the strict Fast 800, I am doing similar to you. Old fashioned grub, no dripping though. I carried on cutting out bread, pasta etc & my blood pressure & heart rate have stayed low. Pleased with that at least. Quite surprised that carbs make such a difference to that, my BP has been high since I was in my 20's & very slim. Reminded me, I need to talk to Doc about my meds as BP going a tad low now.

Hehe. Since coming off the strict Fast 800, I am doing similar to you. Old fashioned grub, no dripping though. I carried on cutting out bread, pasta etc & my blood pressure & heart rate have stayed low. Pleased with that at least. Quite surprised that carbs make such a difference to that, my BP has been high since I was in my 20's & very slim. Reminded me, I need to talk to Doc about my meds as BP going a tad low now.

Because raised insulin controls, waistline [weight] blood pressure [it blocks sodium receptors in your kidneys causing your body to hold onto water] A1c [blood glucose], Trigs & HDL. It's not fats and salt that's making us sick, it's utlra processed foods with lots of sugars!

Look Dr's David Unwin, Aseem Malhotra, Zoe Harcombe, Jason Fung, Paul Mason and Proffesor Tim Noakes to name a few

Because raised insulin controls, waistline [weight] blood pressure [it blocks sodium receptors in your kidneys causing your body to hold onto water] A1c [blood glucose], Trigs & HDL. It's not fats and salt that's making us sick, it's utlra processed foods with lots of sugars!

Look Dr's David Unwin, Aseem Malhotra, Zoe Harcombe, Jason Fung, Paul Mason and Proffesor Tim Noakes to name a few

Does make you wonder what's in some foods. As I have always cooked from scratch, no ready meals etc. But doesn't seem to have helped my BP. Good now though. Actually, have to be careful with low carbs & not have NO carbs, I felt very odd one evening, took my BP as usual, my heart rate was 46! BP was crazy low. No wonder I felt weird. Quickly ate something.

Does make you wonder what's in some foods. As I have always cooked from scratch, no ready meals etc. But doesn't seem to have helped my BP. Good now though. Actually, have to be careful with low carbs & not have NO carbs, I felt very odd one evening, took my BP as usual, my heart rate was 46! BP was crazy low. No wonder I felt weird. Quickly ate something.
When you cut carbs did you make sure you increased salts? As you deplete your glycogen stores you also lose water, glycogen is hydrophilic and holds onto 3 water molecules, so you pee out the excess water and electrolytes - first 2 weeks is mainly water weight loss it takes 4-8 weeks to start burning body fat for fuel.

There are no essential carbohydrates we require, your body can convert protein to the 1 tsp 4-5g of glucose we need. I'mT2 diabetic now 2 years in remission, I eat <20g of carbs a day.

When you cut carbs did you make sure you increased salts? As you deplete your glycogen stores you also lose water, glycogen is hydrophilic and holds onto 3 water molecules, so you pee out the excess water and electrolytes - first 2 weeks is mainly water weight loss it takes 4-8 weeks to start burning body fat for fuel.

There are no essential carbohydrates we require, your body can convert protein to the 1 tsp 4-5g of glucose we need. I'mT2 diabetic now 2 years in remission, I eat <20g of carbs a day.

yup, Dioralyte as recommended. But obvs I have weird body ( been saying that for years)

I lost 11lb in a few weeks over the summer by cutting out sugars and carbs, but I put it all back on within two weeks of coming back to work! :oops2:
I need to find better ideas for packed lunches as sandwiches and crisps are not helping.
Soup. Get a good food flask if you can't heat it up at work. Good thick lentil or bean soup. Filling and nutrituous.

Oooh that's interesting - when I'm watching what I eat I eat far fewer carbs and get low-electrolyte headaches after runs more frequently. I probably need to up them more!

The Dr David Unwin video is excellent. So interesting.
I had the pleasure of meeting Dr Unwin last, such a gentleman, he should have retired from being a GP, however he feels he now has to undo the years of wrong information he gave patients. He can be found on Twitter @lowcarbGP

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr Unwin last, such a gentleman, he should have retired from being a GP, however he feels he now has to undo the years of wrong information he gave patients. He can be found on Twitter @lowcarbGP
Awww, bless him. He seems so lovely. Very reassuring voice, wish my GP same! I got ear bashing from mine as I had allergic reaction to some medication he gave me. Started shouting " What the hell am I supposed to give you? You need these tablets!" I said I didn't do it on purpose:oops: