Hanna pH meter storage ideas

Hi all,
I know there has been a thread before regarding this but hoping some of you might be able to share your diy storage ideas for these pH probes. We currently fill the small cap with pH4 buffer and wrap each electrode with cling film to reduce evaporation. This is a little tedious to keep doing every time they are used and we were thinking about some sort of diy bulk storage.

Thanks you.

We have just purchased new Hanna checker pH probes which came in individual plastic storage cases. I have done something similar to you and filled the black cap with the storage solution they recommended in the instructions. I've popped them back in their cases and used a foam insert in a deep gratnell tray to store the cases upright so the solution doesn't leak. I was at a loss really about what else to do with them. I plan on checking them every few months to see if its evaporated!

I use McCartney bottle racks with suitable plastic bottles, holes drilled in the tops so the tube of the electrode forms a seal, storage solution is 1/1 v/v pH4 buffer/4MKCL solution, been kept like that for over four years only one failed electrode and that was probably due to misuse in a lesson.

We use the Hanna storage caps Rock Chick linked to on our bench top meters. For the little red hand held ones I found some conical tipped graduated test tubes. They have a rim that fits well to the neck of the probe and stand in a Test tube rack. The conical means i use less solution to keep them wet and the graduation makes it easy to see if there's much evaporation. I also parafilm the joint if they are not going to be used for a while

I use McCartney bottle racks with suitable plastic bottles, holes drilled in the tops so the tube of the electrode forms a seal, storage solution is 1/1 v/v pH4 buffer/4MKCL solution, been kept like that for over four years only one failed electrode and that was probably due to misuse in a lesson.
storage solution buffer 4 and 4M potassium chloride solution , ratio 1:1?

You may need to calibrate them before use, the storage solution is an equal mix of pH4 buffer and 4M KCL, all I can say is that they are still working after numerous uses and probably beyond what could normally be expected.