Hanging masses from wire - Youngs Modulus

How do you connect the wire in the Youngs Modulus experiment to hanging masses? I usually do a "fishing hook" type knot (about 5 twists then feed the wire through the loop and pull) tight) but a teacher (now left) mentioned a tool that might do a better job; "In the past I have had a special plastic hooking device to wind the wire around, from which to then hang weights".
I have not been able to figure out what this is, does anybody know?

For Youngs modulus (20SWG Copper) I have

For basic streaching a wire (along a bench and over a pulley 32SWG copper) I just wrap the wire around a mass carrier and twist the wire around itself.

We have the kit to do this experiment with the wire hanging but the ceilings are no longer high enough as we have had insulation and false ceilings installed to save energy, (shame about the windows always left open). We now use the horizontal bench method the wire is clamped between two pieces of wood held tight by bolts and wing nuts. there is a helpful video from Birmingham University here https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/teachers/study-resources/stem/index.aspx.

We have the kit to do this experiment with the wire hanging but the ceilings are no longer high enough as we have had insulation and false ceilings installed to save energy, (shame about the windows always left open). We now use the horizontal bench method the wire is clamped between two pieces of wood held tight by bolts and wing nuts. there is a helpful video from Birmingham University here https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/teachers/study-resources/stem/index.aspx.
our Searle's apparatus is in the false ceiling, we just pop a tile out. but mainly they do horizontal due to class size.

It isn't the tiles that cause the problem, there is a load of insulation on top of them that gets everywhere, I've had to wash eyes of contractors on a couple occasions because they didn't wear eye protection.

It isn't the tiles that cause the problem, there is a load of insulation on top of them that gets everywhere, I've had to wash eyes of contractors on a couple occasions because they didn't wear eye protection.
ours are just plasterboard, nothing else.