Half Term projects anyone?

I'll be potting on cuttings etc., in anticipation of someday getting back to doing proper technicianing, with real class practicals - or having a pretty garden this summer!

moving sons bedroom to a larger room, so moving stuff, painting, cleaning etc. A bit of gardening and perhaps might build up my road bike. I bought the parts at the start of Jan but ive not been motivated to do it yet as ive been commuting on my gravel bike

karen b

COMMITTEE
Doing an orienteering course using MapRun so I can report back to the school (virtual) orienteering club

Volunteering at the local vaccine centre

Planning next term's Brownie meetings
lots of walks (we bought my dad a FitBit for his birthday this week and I've just challenged him to the bingo game, which obviously I need to win ;) :laughing:)
I might do some cuttings and repotting for school too, although I don't work holidays.

Planning next term's Brownie meetings
lots of walks (we bought my dad a FitBit for his birthday this week and I've just challenged him to the bingo game, which obviously I need to win ;) :laughing:)
I might do some cuttings and repotting for school too, although I don't work holidays.
I don't work holidays either, but we got given quite a few baby succulents (or leaves with babies/roots just starting to sprout) for our STEM day, so the kids could make gardens-in-a-bottle, and we've got quite a few plantlets left - seems a shame to waste them.

I don't work holidays either, but we got given quite a few baby succulents (or leaves with babies/roots just starting to sprout) for our STEM day, so the kids could make gardens-in-a-bottle, and we've got quite a few plantlets left - seems a shame to waste them.
That sounds fab, lucky you. Definitely can't waste them !

We were hoping on going on a nice weeks break doing some rambling and plenty of pub meals....... however in the real world I shall probably look at the garden, then decide it's too water logged and end up clearing the garage, assuming I don't loose the will to live and spend the week vegging.

paul r

COMMITTEE
Looking after the two monsters in the picture ! They stll wait at the the pub door after their walk thinking we are going in for a beer and dog treats . Very disappointed when they have to go home , I am too!
Maybe some Gardening and tidy the garage .

No half term here (in Australia) and have only been back at school for little over 2 weeks from Christmas. So while not a half term project it is still a project! I plan to, by Easter, have designed and created a dragon in a very soft, furry fabric. So far I am not inspired by Pinterest and really have a desire to design my own to my liking for a special 5 year old.

No half term here (in Australia) and have only been back at school for little over 2 weeks from Christmas. So while not a half term project it is still a project! I plan to, by Easter, have designed and created a dragon in a very soft, furry fabric. So far I am not inspired by Pinterest and really have a desire to design my own to my liking for a special 5 year old.
Sounds wonderful - will there be photos of the dragon?

Shannon

Shannon
COMMITTEE
I did some home organising and played lots of Animal Crossing & Mario Kart Home Circuit on my switch. I did a DIY on a S thing I have and really proud of how well it has come out.

Also the most important one - catching up on sleep

I did some DIY around the flat and put together the adult tank ready for my beetle grubs (Derby's flower beetles- they should be ready to pupate any day!).

My spiny flower mantises have moulted to adult over half term too so getting my setup ready to breed those. :)

Continued re-listening to the Harry Potter audiobooks with my flatmate (who has never read/heard them or watched the films because apparently before I came along he lived under a rock!) in the evenings with hot chocolate- we've just started Order of the Phoenix. It's really fun listening alongside someone who doesn't know what's going to happen. Almost like reading them fresh after nearly 20 years!

Also I did some knitting! Making myself a cycling balaclava with reflective yarn because it's blooming cold out there and still quite dark.

Basically I've been keeping myself busy. :)

I did some DIY around the flat and put together the adult tank ready for my beetle grubs (Derby's flower beetles- they should be ready to pupate any day!).

My spiny flower mantises have moulted to adult over half term too so getting my setup ready to breed those. :)

Continued re-listening to the Harry Potter audiobooks with my flatmate (who has never read/heard them or watched the films because apparently before I came along he lived under a rock!) in the evenings with hot chocolate- we've just started Order of the Phoenix. It's really fun listening alongside someone who doesn't know what's going to happen. Almost like reading them fresh after nearly 20 years!

Also I did some knitting! Making myself a cycling balaclava with reflective yarn because it's blooming cold out there and still quite dark.

Basically I've been keeping myself busy. :)
Sounds like a lovely half term - animals, books and knitting, what more do you need :)

I read all the Harry Potter books over the summer, after reading the first two when they came out and wondering what all the fuss was about and giving up. I enjoyed them more this time !

Can we see photos of the critters ?! I was wondering the other day how Vanya is getting on.