Groundhog Covid

Anyone else feeling a bit meh? Feeling like walking through mud right now....cases in school again etc, half of classes in etc. How are you all doing?

STEMTech

Dave
Likewise - I feel I'm working under a cloud. One teacher is off with covid and there are a few suspected student cases.
I'm all jabbed up but still feel vulnerable. Coming to work shouldn't make you anxious. Our county has seen a marked rise in case numbers.
Thank you G7!

Yes, it feels like a repeat of earlier in the academic year, with cases among staff and students once again on the rise here. Despite the 2 jabs, the fact that I was classified as clinically extremely vulnerable still makes me nervous, and the fact that 20% of fully vaccinated people can still fall foul of it has me on edge still.

But at least Boris got to visit India. That makes it worth it, right? [/S]

We had a case in year 9 last week, as selfish as it may sound I just want things to be relaxed so I can finally have my wedding in October. I don't know if my BF and I can take another cancellation :crying:
We have some friends who have constantly had their wedding ceremony/reception/honeymoon moved because of Covid. It's proving to be a pretty miserable experience for them.
I suppose it is near the top of the 'first world problems' tree but I can see how fed up they are.
Hope yours gets sorted soon! :)

Anyone else feeling a bit meh? Feeling like walking through mud right now....cases in school again etc, half of classes in etc. How are you all doing?

For me, yup definitely feeling meh about the whole thing now, it's a right drag but I'm weirdly also not sure how much I'm looking forward to a return to 'reality' now.
The few times when things have opened up, I'm finding myself disappointed with my fellow humans and not really enjoying being around them..

Any desert islands going cheap anywhere..? :D

Agree with all of you, it is like they came back after half term and no masks in classrooms etc, it just seems it was inevitable to me this was going to happen. One jab here and feeling vulnerable again.

Carol Taylor

Footsore
Our year 10 kids are doing their mock exams this next 2 weeks. Those in school are under examination conditions in the gym as per usual. The 27 (so far) who are self isolating are having theirs emailed home to print out, fill in and bring back when allowed in. Definitely not under exam conditions. I had fun retrieving, scanning and emailing the 9 papers to science teachers on Friday.

Touch wood, all quiet on the western front here in NI. Just this week to go and then the wains are off for summer.

labsleuth

COMMITTEE
We had a case in year 9 last week, as selfish as it may sound I just want things to be relaxed so I can finally have my wedding in October. I don't know if my BF and I can take another cancellation :crying:
I'm so sorry. I have friends going through this exact thing and it's just awful. Really hope they see sense and let you all have your singing, dancing, everyone-you-love big day soon!

One of our teachers is getting married but they’ve had to shrink the guest list. Another colleague attended a live stream wedding that was almost cancelled when the bride developed a fever (got a negative PCR). Hope yours goes ahead they way you want it to.

Well I had both of my inoculations , so as fully protected as it's going to get,still using KN95 marked masks , both around school and in the wider community as social distancing has basically all but gone out the window in most settings !!!!!
Was driving through the town centre at the weekend ohh you wouldn't know we have COVID 19 endemic in the community at large , winds up window!!!! whole thing hasn't gone away people
keep safe out their

End of term next week so roll on! I'm desperate to get out even though we missed almost a whole term. I get so cross but also despondent when over 20,000 football "fans" are allowed to travel to London despite not being able to go to the match. Not even any attempt to social distance. Strangely though, travel is now banned from Scotland to the Manchester area. But it was ok to let half of Scotland visit London! I had a trip planned to London to visit my daughter - first time since September! The train company had the nerve to ask if I wanted to cancel due to busy trains due to the football :mad::mad: No!!!! Football is a game. Seeing my daughter isn't! I feel like the world has actually gone mad! Don't even get me started on not being able to go to America to see my son :crying::crying: It's never going to happen whilst this slack attitude to the virus is still ongoing. I fully appreciate people's disappointments due to Covid but families not being able to see each other is so depressing when all around people are just behaving as if everything is fine.

Yes, it feels like a repeat of earlier in the academic year, with cases among staff and students once again on the rise here. Despite the 2 jabs, the fact that I was classified as clinically extremely vulnerable still makes me nervous, and the fact that 20% of fully vaccinated people can still fall foul of it has me on edge still.

But at least Boris got to visit India. That makes it worth it, right? [/S]
In fact Boris didn't even go to India in the end because of the COVID situation. Which makes even more galling

For me, yup definitely feeling meh about the whole thing now, it's a right drag but I'm weirdly also not sure how much I'm looking forward to a return to 'reality' now.
The few times when things have opened up, I'm finding myself disappointed with my fellow humans and not really enjoying being around them..
I don't like being around other humans either.

Last edited: