Getting hold of daphnia

Hi folks,

Does anyone have a good supplier of daphnia? I was hoping Blades sold it as I have a couple items on a shopping list for them already.

A teacher is after observing heart rate of daphnia, it'll be my first time trying this so would welcome any alternatives you know of.

Hi folks,

Does anyone have a good supplier of daphnia? I was hoping Blades sold it as I have a couple items on a shopping list for them already.

A teacher is after observing heart rate of daphnia, it'll be my first time trying this so would welcome any alternatives you know of.
I got some from ebay.

Reactions: Kay
Hi folks,

Hi CrowyTech,
I bought from Darwin Biological last Friday and I received them today. And also I used to buy them from Blades as well.

Hi Ijking91:
Could you please inform me how do you keep them alive?
Thank you

For mine, they've been happily living in an aquarium where our pondweed was kept. There's a bit of algae and remains of pondweed for them to nibble at and hide in and they've kept themselves going on their own, very well. Everything's topped up in distilled water. Took a couple of weeks for them to get going initially, then we suddenly had enough of them swimming about for the skin to start creeping on the apprentice who looked into the tank...

Hi Ijking91:
Could you please inform me how do you keep them alive?
Thank you
Use rain water or distilled water (not tap water) they prefer shallow water so we have a 25ltr tank but have only put around 5ltrs of water in.
Keep them out of direct sunlight, a good air pump for oxygen. feed them on algae tablets you can get for fish. (they don't need loads of food)
hope this helps