Geiger Tube Holder

Hi all, just looking some help. We need to order a new Geiger tube holder with a BNC connector, however budgets are stretched. All the ones in the catalogues are about £120. Has anybody any idea of where i could source one cheaper or even second hand?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi all, just looking some help. We need to order a new Geiger tube holder with a TNC connector, however budgets are stretched. All the ones in the catalogues are about £120. Has anybody any idea of where i could source one cheaper or even second hand?
Thanks
it's probably PET connector, they look the same.

Im not sure its this20211112_152311.jpg

Hi all, just looking some help. We need to order a new Geiger tube holder with a BNC connector, however budgets are stretched. All the ones in the catalogues are about £120. Has anybody any idea of where i could source one cheaper or even second hand?
Thanks
£120 seems a good price, we bought some at £350-ish!

I don't quite understand why they cost so much, glorified bulb holder really aren't they? I suppose they charge so much because you are forced to pay it if you need one , it would be difficult/ unsafe to codge something up. I wonder if you could get a PET to BNC adaptor?

Its not the connector that is the problem its the end that holds the tube thats causing us issues!

Its not the connector that is the problem its the end that holds the tube thats causing us issues!
is it a right angle connection, in ours there is a solder joint inside, if you unscrew it you can check if it is unbroken.

1636968270727.png 1636968354770.png

Last edited:
If I remember rightly this was made back In the day , When things were easier to take apart and "repair" maybe this is a route to go down
The problem that I found with these GM tube sockets was that the tube would work loose. Using a sharp implement, it is possible to **gently** bend the contacts so as hold the tube more securely. The contact material seems quite soft and not particularly springy.

Nick Mitchener

COMMITTEE
The problem that I found with these GM tube sockets was that the tube would work loose. Using a sharp implement, it is possible to **gently** bend the contacts so as hold the tube more securely. The contact material seems quite soft and not particularly springy.

Yes, I'm always worried the tube will drop out!