Full time techs

Do you full time (in during the holidays/28 days off a year) techs get practical requests in from teaching staff before the half terms? Or do you do the work in the half term depending on if your in that week/couple of days etc?

Definitely before - as if the holiday doesn't exist. We have far too may other jobs to do during hols to be preparing lesson requests too, not to mention the fact that we may choose to take the whole week / 2 weeks off....! (obviously different for the summer - we usually get requests on the "INSET" day(s) for the first week....) :)

In theory before, agreed by HOD in department policy, but in practice everyone but the HOD and 2iC get their reqs to me on time. These two are obviously too busy and important to bother with such trifling matters :mad::mad:

Definitely before - as if the holiday doesn't exist. We have far too may other jobs to do during hols to be preparing lesson requests too, not to mention the fact that we may choose to take the whole week / 2 weeks off....! (obviously different for the summer - we usually get requests on the "INSET" day(s) for the first week....) :)
exactly!

I am a term time plus 2 weeks tech and I have the lab sheets come in for an agreed date during the holidays and I come in to work that day to prep for start back. If I expect lab sheets in for before halt tem I get far more people wanting to switch or cancel or add practicals.

Carol Taylor

Footsore
I'm term-time only plus inset days so all requests have to come in well prior to the last day of term! Why does biology always seem to want a class set of hears, fish-heads or agar plates for P1 first day back? Not going to happen.

Paul Murphy

COMMITTEE
I'm term-time only plus inset days so all requests have to come in well prior to the last day of term! Why does biology always seem to want a class set of hears, fish-heads or agar plates for P1 first day back? Not going to happen.
Even as a full time tech I would have said no to that.

Irene

Irene
I would have said "If you want the hearts and the fish-heads for P1 on Monday you'll have to get them as I won't be here, I'm on holiday!! and a NO to the agar plates"

I am term time only so if they want something after half term they have to give the requisition in like normal before half term :D