New 2020/21 E-Catalogue and back to school offers worth £100 from S&C SciChem

Full Time or Term Time?

Full Time or Term Time?

• Total voters
Term time only plus 10. Was TTO when I started 4 years ago but got my contract changed as there was so much needed doing that couldn't be done during term time. as I have now got on top of a lot of stuff would prefer to drop my extra days.
But do need to check how many days are counted for TTO - always assumed it covered inset days.

I'm snr Tech, TTO, 36 hours/wk, zero extra days. I started off as full time for the first 10 yrs but with the cutbacks (converted to academy), myself and the tech below me were "asked" to drop down to TTO. Threatened with making one of us redundant if not. Not happy with the drop in pay at first but 13 wks hol were great. Wouldn't wish to go back, got used to the lower pay, love the holidays!

Was full time , then went to term time plus a couple of weeks , then went to straight term time !!

I'm TTO and 5 days - since they took 5 off me last year... to save money! I'm the only tech and get paid as/do a senior role.

karen b

COMMITTEE
Term time only plus 10. Was TTO when I started 4 years ago but got my contract changed as there was so much needed doing that couldn't be done during term time. as I have now got on top of a lot of stuff would prefer to drop my extra days.
But do need to check how many days are counted for TTO - always assumed it covered inset days.

I would check this. A friend who works in the boys school (part of the same group of schools) says only the full time techs go in for inset day, whereas we all go in.

I would check this. A friend who works in the boys school (part of the same group of schools) says only the full time techs go in for inset day, whereas we all go in.
Inset should not be tt but before the Greenwich settlement LAs and schools varied how they worked tto rates out, so check your tto formula.

karen b

COMMITTEE
Inset should not be tt but before the Greenwich settlement LAs and schools varied how they worked tto rates out, so check your tto formula.

Never sure whether these things apply in an independent school or not. Plus we have been doing it this way for as long as anyone can remember so would be hard to argue it now.

Nick Mitchener

COMMITTEE
we don't fit any of this really, we are TTO but paid extra weeks for overtime then an extra week for long service, I think that we get paid for all but four weeks of the year and averaged out over the year.

I'm a bit of everything! I only work term time but am paid for holidays as well. It is a part time position 4 days a week but they give me a fifth day as a inclusion support officer. Best of all worlds!

I am the last of the technicians on full time contract, with 25 days hols. When I came here in 2010 all techs were full time. Since then with the turn over in techs I am the only one left.

I am a senior technician doing 22 hours a week term time plus 9 days in the holidays, my co worker is a senior technician who does 30 hours a week term time plus 12 days in the holidays. I was a senior technician doing 37 hours all year round. There used to be one full time technician all year round and one full time term time only. It changed as I wanted some more holiday time so my holiday work was split between me and the other technician, then I went part time three years ago.

I am part time (27 hours/4 days) term time only, and come in for the August and January inset days. Recently made Senior Tech, but am currently only tech as last 12 hour/2 days tech moved internally to finance at start of term. Hoping to recruit a new tech so I can go back to 4 days/week.