Election to the Council of the Institute of Physics

Nick Mitchener

COMMITTEE
Hi folks,

You might not be members but you will know people who are. It was suggested to me that I should go for a place on the council of the IoP. I am on the ballot papers sent out today.

There was an unusually large number of people put forward, 30 people for 4 places.

If you are members, or know members I would appreciate your support.

Thanks

Nick Mitchener

Hi folks,

You might not be members but you will know people who are. It was suggested to me that I should go for a place on the council of the IoP. I am on the ballot papers sent out today.

There was an unusually large number of people put forward, 30 people for 4 places.

Thanks

Nick Mitchener
I am not a member.

Wish you all the best!

Nick Mitchener

COMMITTEE
I am not a member.

Wish you all the best!
Thanks. I don't suppose many techs are members, but they probably know a few at school.

I have a lot of support at the IoP, they would like to see a technician on the council, but it is down to the members to vote and there are 30 candidates for 4 places.

Hi folks,

Thanks

Nick Mitchener
I have my name on the school account, do I get a vote?

Nick Mitchener

COMMITTEE
I have my name on the school account, do I get a vote?

Don't know how that works. I did my RSciTech through IoP so I'm a member. Although I only have the academic qualifications to be an associate I was elected as a full member, I don't know why, but they do get a few quid more a year by that. They have a low salary qualifier for a reduced rate so it is quite cheap to join as a Tech.