Does your car/vehicle have a name?

My first car was a moggy minor (damn I loved that car) and he was called Napoleon, there was a name sticker on the dash when I got him.
I think it's because the reg. was ELB (as in Elba where Napoleon was exiled) but I called him Napoleon Fallapart.
He was an ex panda car and had a zip in the headlining to enable the Plod to switch the flashing light on.

The only other car I have named was a green Volvo, reg OLV, who was called Olive the Ovlov.

My first car was a moggy minor (damn I loved that car) and he was called Napoleon, there was a name sticker on the dash when I got him.
I think it's because the reg. was ELB (as in Elba where Napoleon was exiled) but I called him Napoleon Fallapart.
He was an ex panda car and had a zip in the headlining to enable the Plod to switch the flashing light on.

The only other car I have named was a green Volvo, reg OLV, who was called Olive the Ovlov.
My car is sometimes known as ET because it was first registered Essex so starts with ET.

We have a white Ford Fiesta, nicknamed 'the Tic-Tac' because of it's size shape and colour.
It usually only does 30-ish mile a week as I cycle commute, but it clocked up over 1500 miles last week with a trip to the North of Scotland, and the Birmingham Conference. about 12 years old and still going fine.

Last edited:
I could give my car a name as it's bright green, any suggestions apart from "Kermit"?

My car is (affectionately, sometimes) called the Heap. It's nice to drive when it behaves but it was very cheap and it deals with the heat about as well as I do o( ̄┰ ̄*)ゞ. My parents car is called Satsuma because it is the most eye-searing bright orange you can get on a car and their car before that was a first gen leaf so it was called the Frog.

My first car was an Austin 1100, which could get me and 5 mates in it to the pub and back. I usually only said 'please don't stop' to it. You had to hit the starter motor with a bit of wood to release the spring to get it started and you nearly broke your leg trying to get the gear stick over for enough to get into reverse, but we loved it.

Last edited:
BRAT

But that's a somewhat niche reference...
Funnily enough, my Neighbour actually has a Subaru BRAT...in green.

I completed the service on mine on Saturday night..the oil filter caused me to give it a few new names. :laughing:

I've said to my kids, when they don't need me to be transport, I fully intend to go back to 2-300 quid wreckers. I love 'em. The Renault 5 that leaned alarmingly and would only start if you slammed the door while turning the key. The R11 that caught fire when I turned on all 4 front lights, and leaked so badly it was easier to drill holes in the floor and just let it run back out. The Rovers that were mechanically sound but British steel, so never ending rusting..ahh, memories.

Last edited:
and would only start if you slammed the door while turning the key
Reminds of when we hired a van to transport some archery bosses for a competition at University. Got to Bradford great and fine, go to open any of the side doors/rear door, wouldn't open. Tried using the key manually, nada. Tried ringing the branch of Enterprise that we hired it from, it was closed, at midday.

Can't remember the trick we did to get it open in the end, and needless to say that a very long complaint was made :laughing: :laughing:

Back