Does anyone know how to use these?

Techitude

COMMITTEE
I got them free for Sci-Chem but I can't find anywhere where it says how much water to add the ampoule too.
has anyone used them before?

They are to make 1M HCl

c.jpg

b.jpg

a.jpg

Cant say for certain as thats a really badly placed label but typically its to make up a final volume of 1litre

In comparison to a bottle of conc these are very expensive. We used to use them to produce volumetric solutions but they are not necessary in high schools.

Looks like an odd concentration from the info that you can read on the label. Why not empty the ampoules into a bottle and the dispense the correct amount from there

Techitude

COMMITTEE
Looks like an odd concentration from the info that you can read on the label. Why not empty the ampoules into a bottle and the dispense the correct amount from there
I think the idea is that they contain the exact right amount needed to make up 1M. I am not entirely sure what molarity is inside the ampoule if I'm honest so don't really want to tip it out.

We use have used these in the past and make them up to 1 litre. Still have an old box - the label says "Volumetric Concentrate, for dilution to 1 l "

I think the idea is that they contain the exact right amount needed to make up 1M. I am not entirely sure what molarity is inside the ampoule if I'm honest so don't really want to tip it out.
If this label is correct, that strength and quantity will not make 1Mb.jpg