Disaster of a morning

Somehow managed to misplace both my keys and my badge! Never lost either of them before so I feel very lost!

Had to hang around outside the building for someone to let me in! Luckily I have a spare master key in the prep room (but I had to get in to get it) and the HOD has a spare chem store key...

Somehow managed to misplace both my keys and my badge! Never lost either of them before so I feel very lost!

Had to hang around outside the building for someone to let me in! Luckily I have a spare master key in the prep room (but I had to get in to get it) and the HOD has a spare chem store key...
I have a fear of that happening.

I have a fear of that happening.
I came in on wednesday to get some work done but then went straight for my second jab so wasn't in my usual routine when I got home. God knows where they are! I've checked my usual spots...

OMG I have done that so many times and you can guarantee you'll need to get into the cupboard that doesn't have a spare key. I now leave mine in my desk, we have key codes to get in and out of the building

OMG I have done that so many times and you can guarantee you'll need to get into the cupboard that doesn't have a spare key. I now leave mine in my desk, we have key codes to get in and out of the building
Thats what I'm worried about haha. Yeah I think I'm going to have to change up how I do stuff. Who knew a baby changed so much!

They recon that walking around saying what you are looking for out loud is supposed to help the memory.

It might also reinforce the view that technicians are slightly barking.

Pray to St Anthony - the patron St of lost things.

"Dear St. Anthony, please come around: something is lost, and it cannot be found."​

A friends swears by it.
She told me about it when I lost my late Mums jewelry that was supposed to be divided between grandkids.
I had visions of buying a load of stuff just to give away!:(

I said the prayer & then, " Find........"

I suddenly saw myself putting it somewhere completely random, you know, that "safe place" :rolleyes: :laughing:

The one my Parents used to swear by was " Pinning the Devil"
You put a pin in something & say, " I pin thee Devil, find my......"

Maybe these things just free the mind & make you rely on fate to find things, so you relax a little.

It may be similar to when you are trying to recall a word or name & when you stop thinking about it, it pops into your head.

i hope you find your keys. I tend to leave my keys and lanyard in my car so I know where they are, as this has happened to me as well. :laughing::laughing:

I'm a very organised and routine orientated person so I generally don't lose things as everything has a home. My keys and ID badge always go into my work bag as I leave the building, but if I change my routine for any reason that's when I'm likely to misplace things.
Our keys here cover loads of rooms including external doors so if we lose the keys all the locks will need to be changed and it'll be very expensive. One of our previous teachers left his keys in the door of an external classroom and it cost a small fortune to get all the relevant locks replaced. It had to be done though as it can only have been a student who took them and the keys covered the whole physics department, some of the English rooms and a couple of store rooms including the one containing the radioactive sources.

I'm a very organised and routine orientated person so I generally don't lose things as everything has a home. My keys and ID badge always go into my work bag as I leave the building, but if I change my routine for any reason that's when I'm likely to misplace things.
Our keys here cover loads of rooms including external doors so if we lose the keys all the locks will need to be changed and it'll be very expensive. One of our previous teachers left his keys in the door of an external classroom and it cost a small fortune to get all the relevant locks replaced. It had to be done though as it can only have been a student who took them and the keys covered the whole physics department, some of the English rooms and a couple of store rooms including the one containing the radioactive sources.
I bet he was popular after that.

In my last role I had to sign for my keys and agree to pay costs if they needed replacing due to my negligence.