"Devious Licks" Trend

Morning,
In case you weren't aware of it, I just wanted to warn you all of a horrible social media trend "Devious Licks". The object of the "game" is to film yourself destroying or stealing school property. There are numerous videos of it online; some of them quite disturbing. The more expensive and/or obscure the item is the better, and Science equipment is being targeted.
It all kicked off here yesterday - items such as stopclocks and Bunsen burners have been stolen and 2 labs have been trashed, (they have been wrenching tap units away from sinks).
All in our nice new(ish) school. Unfortunately security hasn't been as tight as usual due to doors being left open for COVID ventilation reasons. I'm not happy!

This is interesting in that we had a lovely child stealing from the practical only this week. It seemed such an odd thing to do and not something that we have ever been concerned with before. I'm wondering now if it's part of this latest stupid craze. Thanks for letting us know!

Thanks for the heads-up. What with the baked beans on staff cars ( popular tic toc video) and this one should be an interesting term

Thank you so much for letting us know, Tanya - I have alerted everyone here.

It is something we could all really do without, yet forewarned is forearmed.

Morning,
In case you weren't aware of it, I just wanted to warn you all of a horrible social media trend "Devious Licks". The object of the "game" is to film yourself destroying or stealing school property. There are numerous videos of it online; some of them quite disturbing. The more expensive and/or obscure the item is the better, and Science equipment is being targeted.
It all kicked off here yesterday - items such as stopclocks and Bunsen burners have been stolen and 2 labs have been trashed, (they have been wrenching tap units away from sinks).
All in our nice new(ish) school. Unfortunately security hasn't been as tight as usual due to doors being left open for COVID ventilation reasons. I'm not happy!
Thank you so much for this - warned all the teachers!

becksc123

Becky
We have had a few items going missing eg saftey glasses, bunsens. Thought it was a bit strange. Thanks for the heads up

Dr.Roo

Best dressed trans' tech in the dept. X
Yup, our level of attrition regarding small things like thermometers, scissors, microscope slides!! etc has gone up considerably since last term.

No sense of adventure this lot! :bunsenburner::magnify::laboratory::magnet:

Thanks for the warning, we were victims to the mask straps being used to saw through plastic chairs so I have warned my team about this!