determining capacitance using parallel plates

Hi......

I am trying to set up determining capacitance using parallel plates , signal generator using a reed relay switch. there is a diagram in leslie beckets Advanced Practical Physics but I cant figure out the wiring of the reed relay switch. I prefer to see a photo , I tend to draw all my own set ups, don't like the diagrammatic versions so this has baffled me.
Thank you for any help, never asked before but I know someone out there will know .,

amazing, exactly what I was hoping for. not sure if our light spot galvo is working but I'll give it a go. thank you so much.

Hi......

I am trying to set up determining capacitance using parallel plates , signal generator using a reed relay switch. there is a diagram in leslie beckets Advanced Practical Physics but I cant figure out the wiring of the reed relay switch. I prefer to see a photo , I tend to draw all my own set ups, don't like the diagrammatic versions so this has baffled me.
Thank you for any help, never asked before but I know someone out there will know .,
amazing, exactly what I was hoping for. not sure if our light spot galvo is working but I'll give it a go. thank you so much.

I think the galvo was used as needed something that was sensitive enough to show a noticeable change. You might find that any other ammeter will work in its place, as long as its analogue.

I havent seen this in ages. I'm pretty sure you need a edspot or a sensitive galvo. A milliameter just isnt sensitive enough.
I have an electronic version using a 4066 quad bilateral switch instead of the relay, faster switching speed means more current and it does work with a milliameter. I'll find the schematic on Monday if anyone is interested.

I havent seen this in ages. I'm pretty sure you need a edspot or a sensitive galvo. A milliameter just isnt sensitive enough.
I have an electronic version using a 4066 quad bilateral switch instead of the relay, faster switching speed means more current and it does work with a milliameter. I'll find the schematic on Monday if anyone is interested.
I would still like to see this if possible, thanks...

Attached are pages from My file on the parallel capacitor experiment

Attachments

• SKM_75821032211450.pdf
    123.8 KB · Views: 14
  • SKM_75821032211440.pdf
    118.5 KB · Views: 10
  • SKM_75821032211430.pdf
    77.2 KB · Views: 10