covid-proof lungs / breathing practical ?

blow through straws, no it creates aerosols.
Not if they do it gently. I was on about the teacher not the students. It is only the same as breathing and I presume the teachers are still breathing. They could even fit a straw under their mask if need be

CovTech

Lvl 37 Alchemist
COMMITTEE
Not if they do it gently. I was on about the teacher not the students. It is only the same as breathing and I presume the teachers are still breathing. They could even fit a straw under their mask if need be
We can't tell you what to do or not
CLEAPSS have said that no one should be doing this at all unde rthe circumstances

What you and yours do with that info is down to you **shrugs**

They are all asking for limewater demo here. I did say that a teacher can pass infection on to us too! I just collected what I was assured would be a demo & there were racks of test tubes with cloudy limewater...Not impressed
not allowed as a demo even.

CLEAPSS told me it is inadvisable.

Yes – we advise that teachers don’t demonstrate that either, and nor would we consider other activities in which anybody blows into a straw or musical instrument at present.

As long as they clean up their spit-laden stuff themselves!

Cleapss guidelines say no to the blowing in limewater activity and we agree, we're not even allowing it as a demo. No matter how much they complain and demand it they will not be provided with the equipment. The limewater will be carefully hidden if needs be to ensure they don't try and help themselves, but luckily when we've said no to teachers they've accepted that.
We don't feel its safe to be blowing aerosols around and us technicians don't want to be handling/cleaning things we know someone has been spitting or blowing over.