COVID has me so stressed I feel near tears half the time

... then deploy the house droids to vacuum and mop for me, while I stream something and do family history. Here's to the automated home.. :D
Until Dusty decides he’s stuck and beeps piteously. It’s like having a toddler sometimes - having to block off the gaps it seems capable of navigating into but not out of!

Elizabeth Gould

COMMITTEE
Labcoat, day clothes and mask in the wash nightly on a quick with powder. 2 day rotation with dyed backup labcoat and second mask, third mask in the car for the shops. I change into my PJs, cook as soon as I get in, and then deploy the house droids to vacuum and mop for me, while I stream something and do family history. Here's to the automated home.. :D
I love your picture of Sam and Gene. LOM was one of my all time favourite shows.

Until Dusty decides he’s stuck and beeps piteously. It’s like having a toddler sometimes - having to block off the gaps it seems capable of navigating into but not out of!
Mine is an older Roomba 400 - bit of a suicide bot. Doesn't get stuck, but is hardly gentle. I've added Roomba 600 parts to upgrade the old boy. The mop (Braava Jet 250) is lovely. Kitchen, living room, dining room and hall done overnight. Decent mapping system as well..there's some logic gone into that.

Roomba, I bought when I lived with my now-ex, and it's done 11 years across 2 homes, with 2 kids, 4 cats, 6 guinea pigs and a house rabbit. Third battery, as I recall. The aero bin rubbers are failing now..parts seem scarce.

I love your picture of Sam and Gene. LOM was one of my all time favourite shows.
I still watch it now...the ex was 9 years age difference to me, and half the things she was "that's all made up. The world wasn't like that"..oh yes it was..and as for the Mk3 'tina..we had one of them! 1600 pinto, acres of rust, FAR too wide, and was stolen and used in a jewellers ram-raid..police chase at 100mph...my mother.."Don't be silly, it can't do that!".. :laughing:

I'd seriously love one now.

Labcoat, day clothes and mask in the wash nightly on a quick with powder. 2 day rotation with dyed backup labcoat and second mask, third mask in the car for the shops. I change into my PJs, cook as soon as I get in, and then deploy the house droids to vacuum and mop for me, while I stream something and do family history. Here's to the automated home.. :D
I do all that too plus shower as soon as I walk in the door...no droids though

Mine is an older Roomba 400 - bit of a suicide bot. Doesn't get stuck, but is hardly gentle. I've added Roomba 600 parts to upgrade the old boy. The mop (Braava Jet 250) is lovely. Kitchen, living room, dining room and hall done overnight. Decent mapping system as well..there's some logic gone into that.

Roomba, I bought when I lived with my now-ex, and it's done 11 years across 2 homes, with 2 kids, 4 cats, 6 guinea pigs and a house rabbit. Third battery, as I recall. The aero bin rubbers are failing now..parts seem scarce.
I love how attached everyone gets to our roombas. Humans just want to love things, animal or droid!

I too have automated helper droids, but the 14yr old one seems to be not working...

Carol Taylor

Footsore
I have just sat down, been busy walking the length and breadth of the school, up and down flights of stairs delivering practicals for P1-4. Many involved multiple trips to the same far flung room with a required prac ordered in P2 for P4 (by HOD) plus can I get his booklets printed asap and collect his deliveries from reception.
I will have to start the "rewind" shortly to collect my deliveries for quarantine. Same HOD promised me 2 years ago that he wouldn't stop the effort to replace my assistant:( I believe that as the post has been vacant for so long it can now be redundant.