Covid and inanimate objects

Just wondered if anybody knew the current CLEAPSS advice for all our practical equipment and quarantining/sanitising? To the best of my knowledge there is virtually no evidence suggesting Covid 19 is transmitted via handling inanimate objects, i.e. most of the equipment we hand out. If this is the case and looking forward to rearranging everything for September (I know a long way off, but it will come round all too quickly) we shouldn't need to do all the stuff we are doing now. Personally I would still be treating goggles and possibly microscopes with caution and cleaning/quarantining these but be going back to "normal" practices with all the rest of the equipment.
I know our school will stick to CLEAPSS guidelines and I could go to the CLEAPSS website, however I do find the website more than a little difficult to navigate and I just can't face it at the moment.
Thoughts anybody?

I don't think anyone would want to take a chance by advising that you don't have to clean/quarantine. Hopefully we'll be back to 'normal', with a few changes by September. However, I think there's an expectation of renewed outbreaks in the autumn. :( I fear we will have to wait and see.

To save trawling through the website click 'science home' from the menu bar, and look at 'Latest News from Cleapss' it's easy to access any updated documents.

With regard to quarantine - Cleapss are following DfE guidlines which are unchanged at the moment.

I have the 'CLEAPSS What's New' site bookmarked on my browser and check it twice a day when im on the computer. Great for keeping up with the stream of GL343 updates (possibly the most versions of a single document that CLEAPSS has ever done? haha) and sometimes its fun to read about some practicals I'm not familiar with when I have a few moments.

And yeah I'm not sure about the whole surface thing honestly. On one hand, I feel that its good to not have to panic clean everything all the time, however I feel like there still a case for 'can never be too sure' so while I will be probably reducing the level of my washing, I will still be quarantining/rotating equipment as much as possible.

At the moment CLEAPSS say we can wash glassware etc in the dishwasher instead of having to soak in milton as it was before. But non-washable items still have to be quarantined for 72hrs. We were talking yesterday about how long we will have to go on quarantining given that surface transmission is said to be minimal now. Agreed that goggles should still be washed/quarantined as they are touching the face.

At the moment CLEAPSS say we can wash glassware etc in the dishwasher instead of having to soak in milton as it was before. But non-washable items still have to be quarantined for 72hrs. We were talking yesterday about how long we will have to go on quarantining given that surface transmission is said to be minimal now. Agreed that goggles should still be washed/quarantined as they are touching the face.
Before the Easter holidays I had way too many conversations about whether we actually had to quarantine/sanitise eye protection :( including whether we had to follow CLEAPSS guidance.