Corona Corona...

Just walked down the corridor and just spotted "my first student with a surgical mask on" , Is this going to be a thing ???? I don't venture out from under my rock much o_O:)

Do folks think that the SLS Show and Conference will still be going ahead in May?
We were expected to go to a Conference next week but have had to cancel. What is the SLS Show and Conference? Scrap that I've just found ou what it is. We went to the ne held at Doncaster Racecourse about 3 years ago. It was fantastic as was the Lunch and Keynote Speaker - Prof Susan Greenfield.

CovTech

Lvl 37 Alchemist
COMMITTEE
Do folks think that the SLS Show and Conference will still be going ahead in May?
Depends on a few things
1) If the government enacts the larger than [insert number] people gathering ban the media are reporting to be "imminent"
2) How long that lasts for
3) How many of the staff/speakers/exhibitors are sick/self isolating by that point in time

Polish those crystal balls but the realist in me says that's right in the middle of when the government is planning for this to at its height

karen b

COMMITTEE
Just walked down the corridor and just spotted "my first student with a surgical mask on" , Is this going to be a thing ???? I don't venture out from under my rock much o_O:)
Saw one here today as well. A couple of staff are self isolating this week.

Just heard a pupil has been sent home as they have a family member who is ill and they (the school) don't want to risk it. Pupil does not have to return until after Easter.

Home-working packs anyone ??

Fife College has closed its further education establishments without warning. Schools wont be far behind.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Just heard a pupil has been sent home as they have a family member who is ill and they (the school) don't want to risk it. Pupil does not have to return until after Easter.

If they are A2 Students Home-working packs won't help them. At this stage they need all the confidence they can get before the exams.:)

CovTech

Lvl 37 Alchemist
COMMITTEE

We've been building them for all of year 11 and year 13 since last Monday ready for BoJo the thatched gibbon to close is
All other year groups will have online work set

I can only think of two possible explanations.

1. It is cheaper than tissues

2. People bought up stuff initially that would get used up eventually and had a long shelf life so wouldn't be wasted. Hence toilet roll, pasta, rice, tinned food.

What amazes me is the paracetamol. You are limited to only two small packets per person aren't you? How did they manage to clear every supermarket of paracetamol? I get mine 400 at a time from the pharmacy but I was amazed that the shelves in supermarkets were cleared so quickly. Most seem unable to keep stock too.

What is really annoying me is - as a coeliac I can't eat wheat, and the muggles have bought all of the GF pasta off the shelves because there's no 'normal' stuff.
I would love to see their faces when they throw the GF stuff into a pan and have a soggy mess, or when they taste it to find it isn't actually that great, plus stupidly... they've bought a sh*tload and paid twice the price.

Two of ours were wearing latex gloves. Ridiculous. :rolleyes:

What is really annoying me is - as a coeliac I can't eat wheat, and the muggles have bought all of the GF pasta off the shelves because there's no 'normal' stuff.
I would love to see their faces when they throw the GF stuff into a pan and have a soggy mess, or when they taste it to find it isn't actually that great, plus stupidly... they've bought a sh*tload and paid twice the price.
Yeah I'm struggling with that as well! I've got my whole family on the look out.