Corona Corona...

Thanks - my supplied bottle is almost empty!

So - how does 'vol' relate to %? Someone demystified 'vol' to me some time ago, but I simply can't remember the logic!

Heather

Anyone who doesn't like 'dark' humour should avoid working for police, ambulance service, fire service, in a mortuary, funeral directors etc.
My brother recently died ( too soon) & he used to joke about his condition up to the last. Same with my mother, when the Doctors asked us if we wanted to tell her she was terminal we said yes. When she said "Well?", we said, " put it this way, don't start a long book".
Her answer? " Dammit, I knew I shouldn't have had that new carpet laid, what a waste". Sad, but true.:(

Thanks - my supplied bottle is almost empty!

So - how does 'vol' relate to %? Someone demystified 'vol' to me some time ago, but I simply can't remember the logic!

Heather
SORRY HEATHER I THOUGHT THAT YOU WANTED 3% VOL/VOL. WELL A 100 VOL STOCK IS 30% W/V SO YOUR 20 VOL SOLUTION WOULD INFACT BE A 6% W/V IN WHICH CASETO GET A 3% W/V SOLUTION YOU WOULD HAVE TO DILUTE YOUR BY A FACTOR OF 2.:);)

Anyone who doesn't like 'dark' humour should avoid working for police, ambulance service, fire service, in a mortuary, funeral directors etc.
My brother recently died ( too soon) & he used to joke about his condition up to the last. Same with my mother, when the Doctors asked us if we wanted to tell her she was terminal we said yes. When she said "Well?", we said, " put it this way, don't start a long book".
Her answer? " Dammit, I knew I shouldn't have had that new carpet laid, what a waste". Sad, but true.:(
My commiserations Jaytee.

That's sad.
My dad used to have a hang up about his age and he ribbed me when I turned thirty. I said "well at 50 you know you are half way through life" He died a few months later. He wound me up in the months leading up to my wedding saying he would dye his hair red just to ruin my wedding photos. He didnt, but you can bet your last £ I had red hair for his funeral. Gave the family a laugh.

Just wondering how things are across the pond. Our school is still opened but all colleges and universities in NY State are closed until end of semester. They are doing online learning. Don't know how they are going to do labs though. Can't find a roll of toilet paper or disinfectants. Disinfectants I can understand but why are people buying out the toilet paper? I was in supermarket and it felt like it was the end of the world. People are going nuts. Well, have a lab in a few minutes. Stay Safe and disinfect often.

Nick Mitchener

COMMITTEE
Just wondering how things are across the pond. Our school is still opened but all colleges and universities in NY State are closed until end of semester. They are doing online learning. Don't know how they are going to do labs though. Can't find a roll of toilet paper or disinfectants. Disinfectants I can understand but why are people buying out the toilet paper? I was in supermarket and it felt like it was the end of the world. People are going nuts. Well, have a lab in a few minutes. Stay Safe and disinfect often.

I can only think of two possible explanations.

1. It is cheaper than tissues

2. People bought up stuff initially that would get used up eventually and had a long shelf life so wouldn't be wasted. Hence toilet roll, pasta, rice, tinned food.

What amazes me is the paracetamol. You are limited to only two small packets per person aren't you? How did they manage to clear every supermarket of paracetamol? I get mine 400 at a time from the pharmacy but I was amazed that the shelves in supermarkets were cleared so quickly. Most seem unable to keep stock too.

I can only think of two possible explanations.

1. It is cheaper than tissues

2. People bought up stuff initially that would get used up eventually and had a long shelf life so wouldn't be wasted. Hence toilet roll, pasta, rice, tinned food.

What amazes me is the paracetamol. You are limited to only two small packets per person aren't you? How did they manage to clear every supermarket of paracetamol? I get mine 400 at a time from the pharmacy but I was amazed that the shelves in supermarkets were cleared so quickly. Most seem unable to keep stock too.
Had to look up what paracetamol is, says it is Tylenol (acetaminophen) here. As far as I know I have not heard that. I will check the shelves when I pick up my prescriptions. I have 2 containers of 500 each so I didn’t look for that.

Nick Mitchener

COMMITTEE
Had to look up what paracetamol is, says it is Tylenol (acetaminophen) here. As far as I know I have not heard that. I will check the shelves when I pick up my prescriptions. I have 2 containers of 500 each so I didn’t look for that.

I think the most you can buy here in a supermarket is 16 x 500mg which is the maximum dose for 2 days.

I think the most you can buy here in a supermarket is 16 x 500mg which is the maximum dose for 2 days.
yes they are controlled as people buy them as raw materials for making drugs, like the pseudoephedrine in breaking bad.

whether is real or not who knows.+

only the branded seem gone round here generics seem okay.

No point bankrupting the country with ineffetive measures.

The only way (possibly) we could have stopped it was for the whole world to go into lockdown when China did. The point now is to reduce the rate of transmission, so that the peak spike of cases overwhelms the NHS as little as possible.

It's per transaction so if you have two adults you can get four between you then go round and get another four etc. You can also go to multiple shops and get two from each. You could easily get 10 boxes without much effort walking along our main shopping street if you wanted - or 20 if there were two of you..... Generic Ibuprofen seems out of stock everywhere too (strange how the 4x more expensive branded variants haven't vanished) - although you're not supposed to take that if you have covid-19 now.

clairelucas

COMMITTEE
It's per transaction so if you have two adults you can get four between you then go round and get another four etc. You can also go to multiple shops and get two from each. You could easily get 10 boxes without much effort walking along our main shopping street if you wanted - or 20 if there were two of you..... Generic Ibuprofen seems out of stock everywhere too (strange how the 4x more expensive branded variants haven't vanished) - although you're not supposed to take that if you have covid-19 now.
Not that you'd know if you did have it, as only testing for severe/hospital potential admissions and high risk cases..