Corona Corona...

EbHpXKr.jpg
This one Dod? As you describe yourself as a grumpy grandad and you're Scottish I kind of imagined you are a bit like Private Frazer.

Modelled myself on him. :D

Whenever I hear people say it's nothing, it does annoy me. Tell that to the people who are hospitalised, or the ones who have lost a relative. Yes, agree we shouldn't panic, certainly shouldn't stockpile, but remember not everyone who gets it will be fit enough to fight it off, not all children are fit & well( nor staff for that matter), the children could be vectors & pass it on to relatives & friends with less robust immune systems. Yes it is a mild illness for most, but this current virus is circulating along with everything else such as seasonal flu.
Even if low numbers die, they still matter!

That said, I did myself send a 'we're doomed' meme around :p ( I loved private Frazer, my favourite character)
Cheered me up no end to hear people with high blood pressure are at risk :eek:, keep taking the pills...

We are supposed to be working in Science Depts, so let's try not to conflate one pandemic with another. HIV is generally avoidable and is now treatable, and those who have it when under successful treatment can no longer pass it on.

Covid-19 is a novel virus, we are still learning about it, but that learning process is already more advanced than HIV was after two years.

However it is rather more easily caught, and currently less treatable. It will affect more of the population and it will cause a strain on resources.

HIV did not shut down a whole country, so yes, keep it in perspective, but let's not be daft about it. It will impact our lives, more than likely in ways that none of us has seen in their lifetimes.
It already is impacting in many ways on those who have not caught it. However those who have caught it the disruption and complications it bringss to their lives, family and friends are severe.:)

I have asthma so I think I'm considered high risk, but if I get it, I get it. I'm just carrying on as normal and I see no reason to panic buy. I live on my own so I've got a freezer full of food as I batch cook, and I always have soap and bleach at home anyway.

The main thing I'm actually concerned about is that I'm due to be flying to Florida in a few weeks for the Easter holiday. We've had this book for ages and its a trip of a lifetime for us as we can't normally afford these sort of things. I know that's quite selfish and a first world problem, but at least I'm honest about that!

Please keep travelling everyone.
My daughter has just finished commercial pilot training and is currently job hunting. What with Flybe gone an Thomas Cook before that its going to take quite some time.
As someone put on Twitter -
Please would everybody keep washing their hands, all this coughing could bring another airline down.
And thats aside from a general economic crisis this could bring about.

Please keep travelling everyone.
My daughter has just finished commercial pilot training and is currently job hunting. What with Flybe gone an Thomas Cook before that its going to take quite some time.
As someone put on Twitter
Please would everybody keep washing their hands, all this coughing could ring another airline down.
And thats aside from a general economic crisis this could bring about.
Congratulations Kay - a major achievement.:)

Our department are currently working on contingency plans for when/if the school has to close.

I leave here on 31st, I'm keeping everything crossed that if that does happen, its BEFORE I go!!

CovTech

Lvl 37 Alchemist
COMMITTEE
I had a quick look at the petition, hundreds signed it in the couple of minutes I was watching...
( we were using it as a delaying tactic as we had to dispense locusts:()
Our teachers are doing the Yr12 & 13 practicals at the rate of knots now, trying to do 2 per lesson.
Same here
We had 14 outstanding year 13 practicals last week - we've done 7 so far this week with 2 more tomorrow