Corona Corona...

We have been told ALL support staff have to be in and work normal hours/days. Teachers will be on a rota. I thought we might be on the rota as another helper or to fill any essential jobs etc but we have been told to carry on with our normal jobs. Although it will be great to finally be able to get all those jobs we all save for a 'quieter' time done, I don't understand the logic behind it as we do not NEED to do this. My only hope is that when we get an idea of students in on Monday, they will reassess their decisions.

karen b

COMMITTEE
We are in for one full day on Monday to do a final close down, then our school is have a deep clean and then buildings will be closed. The prep school and another senior school on our site will be open for children of key workers. We have volunteered to be on the rota for supervising classes in the senior school. They will be doing the same work as those students working from home - so work set by their class teachers on firefly.

We have been told ALL support staff have to be in and work normal hours/days. Teachers will be on a rota. I thought we might be on the rota as another helper or to fill any essential jobs etc but we have been told to carry on with our normal jobs. Although it will be great to finally be able to get all those jobs we all save for a 'quieter' time done, I don't understand the logic behind it as we do not NEED to do this. My only hope is that when we get an idea of students in on Monday, they will reassess their decisions.

Are you all driving to work in isolation? working in isolation?

PM tells Britons to avoid non-essential travel and contact
Anyone who can work from home, should, he said

Only a few people are needed to look after the key workers kids.

Only a few people are needed to look after the key workers kids.

I agree. However, I also need the job. Hopefully they will catch up about the seriousness on Monday and change their ideas.

Techitude

COMMITTEE

5 members of our department come to work on the bus - we have 7 students in and the ENTIRE school staff (plus some of the staff children) - this is unnecessary risk to everyone.
A rota system was mentioned but then said it wouldn't work as people might call in sick so they'll just keep the whole staff in as usual.

5 members of our department come to work on the bus - we have 7 students in and the ENTIRE school staff (plus some of the staff children) - this is unnecessary risk to everyone.
A rota system was mentioned but then said it wouldn't work as people might call in sick so they'll just keep the whole staff in as usual.

Here there are 2 admin teams alternating weeks, site team, 2 SMT with a procedure for checking the wellbeing of the students on site, hand washing etc.

everyone else is working from home/remoting in, we had our first teams meeting this morning.

Peter Sigsworth

COMMITTEE
Came in this morning to re-fill the hand sanitisers for the key worker students and staff - nearly all the bottles have disappeared and the stock 5 litre bottle is now empty - looks like the same thing is happenening as happened with the supermarkets - panic selfishness!!!

Dear All,
If any of you are still in work & have any new packs of Nitrile gloves, ask your HoD if you can donate them to your local hospital or Dr's.
As most surgeries are closed to all but emergencies, lots of GP's are working at hospitals too. I took our stock down to local surgery for them to take. They were most grateful.
Schools up in the city have taken them to London Hospital & Barts.
Same goes for any unopened packs of face masks. After all, we won't be using them for a while.
Just found a few more packs of gloves while I'm here clearing up. Off to pop those to surgery.
Stay safe everyone.

Here there are 2 admin teams alternating weeks, site team, 2 SMT with a procedure for checking the wellbeing of the students on site, hand washing etc.

everyone else is working from home/remoting in, we had our first teams meeting this morning.
Our management have changed their tune. Now onlt essential teaching staff in on rota. Support staff on rota too. Doing my day today.
No doubt it will all change again.

Came in this morning to re-fill the hand sanitisers for the key worker students and staff - nearly all the bottles have disappeared and the stock 5 litre bottle is now empty - looks like the same thing is happenening as happened with the supermarkets - panic selfishness!!!
A friend at another school just aid all their hand sanitiser has gone!
We didn't have any to start with.

Have they heard of texts? Emails?

Well our SLT finally made some sense.They changed their minds Sunday evening, instead of full staff they had a teaching rota set up and asked for a tech rota as well. So I had to be in this morning but only 3 children turned up to be babysat today. That meant I was allowed to go home at about 10:30am. At the moment SLT want a rota of techs in (don't know why) but our HoD is trying to get us all working from home. Will wait and see.

Hello Well came in as normal very Quiet , catching up on all them jobs We never get chance to get done when one gets interrupted every two min . whats happening after next week anyone guess . Anyhow best wishes to you all be safe and catch you on the other side hopefully

We shut down like we do for summer holidays on Friday and our HOD has told us she does not expect us in. We were due to go on the rota for key worker children but there were so few that we may amalgamate with another school so I doubt that we will be needed. I've got 2 teens at home who are resisting the whole home ed thing (one is yr11 so I don't blame him really) and the house and garden are going to be VERY tidy.