cornstarch

Well just had a year 7 and 8 Forder club, lunch time thing, run by two teachers and they have blocked up a sink with corn starch and a class going in there now, so will have to find the time to do some plumbing, Oh ! and my head of chemistry on my back to when I will number up and label 131 new text books, and I am preparing practical's for 20 practcial classes next week, 8 different practical's. She is having a laugh.
Sorry needed to rant.

Well just had a year 7 and 8 Forder club, lunch time thing, run by two teachers and they have blocked up a sink with corn starch and a class going in there now, so will have to find the time to do some plumbing, Oh ! and my head of chemistry on my back to when I will number up and label 131 new text books, and I am preparing practical's for 20 practcial classes next week, 8 different practical's. She is having a laugh.
Sorry needed to rant.
Are your students not in year bubbles?

It must be in the air - just finished 4 required practicals, back to back, all different.

If it's that desperate to label books, get the students to do it....

For the lunch time Forder club, they are allowed to work across bubbles, they are limiting the number to 15 students.
The sink is in a lab class room so will have to try and unblock it. If get maintenance to do it, it will be some time before they get round to it. Covid work is the priority.
The new books have to be numbered then labeled inside with the school logo, will need to print off a lot of labels when I get a chance, to ask the students to do it would reflect badly on the school, or so my head of department will tell me.

Sorry needed to rant.
Call Maintenance/Site to unblock the sink - that is what they are employed to do.
Ask who labels up the text books in Geography/Maths/English/History...and suggest the same person does it in Science. We are technicians not department gophers/admin :mad:

Do you have a plunger? If not something to try is this: find a rubber bung the right size to fit the plughole tightly, bore a hole in the bung,( if not already there), fit a piece of tube (metal preferably) in the hole, fit a length of rubber tubing on the metal tube and fit the other end to the tap. Turn on tap full while holding the bung in place so that it doesn't jump out under the pressure. I find this usually works and you can keep this 'apparatus' until it's needed next time. Maybe this should have been listed in top tips?? :)