Competition reactions advice please

I have been asked to check what the best container is for heating compounds for competing reactions is (e.g Al2O3 and Mg). The teacher said they previously used metal jar lids but was thinking there must be a more standard way. I suggested a crucible but they thought this may take too long to heat.
Any thought please - and if anybodys got a useful link or document to the reactions I would be grateful as I couldnt find it on Cleapps

For Mg, crucibles are definitely used for change in mass practicals. Al2O3 is used for cracking (hydrocarbons) and you would set up a boiling tube. Not sure why else they'd be heating those specifically. Boiling tubes or crucibles would be my go to.

I have been asked to check what the best container is for heating compounds for competing reactions is (e.g Al2O3 and Mg). The teacher said they previously used metal jar lids but was thinking there must be a more standard way. I suggested a crucible but they thought this may take too long to heat.
Any thought please - and if anybodys got a useful link or document to the reactions I would be grateful as I couldnt find it on Cleapps
if it's displacement we use "tin lids" bought from a supplier.

Don't know if this would be of any use to you but, as far as I can recall, in the 'make it guides' on CLEAPSS there is a bottle cap crucible.