CLOUDS!!! >:(

We were supposed to take the kids out to see the partial eclipse today.

Each and every other day this week I have sweltered uncomfortably (and partially burned) under the blazing, unobstructed heat of our planet's very own sun.

But alas, the one time I would welcome its fierce rays, I have been foiled by poxy suspended water droplets! :mad:

Anyone else having better luck?

omg i forgot about that! was sitting in my job interview but didnt notice it going dark at all cuz its already a pea souper here

karen b

COMMITTEE
We had just got all the trays of glasses out when the sun peeped through the clouds. Physics teacher told those nearby to grab a pair of glasses, explained what they should be seeing. Anyone paying attention got a decent view for a couple of minutes.

We had some sustained breaks in the cloud at various points, enough for a few photos and explanation of what was going on to nearby students. Slightly more sustained periods of cloud. Some points at which the sun with a bite taken out of it could be seen through thinnish cloud.

Of course now half the sky has turned blue...

We had some sustained breaks in the cloud at various points, enough for a few photos and explanation of what was going on to nearby students. Slightly more sustained periods of cloud. Some points at which the sun with a bite taken out of it could be seen through thinnish cloud.

Of course now half the sky has turned blue...
I’m slightly thankful the weather hasn’t rubbed it in by brightening up!

I feel your pain. I live in an arid zone in Australia and a couple of weeks ago we had a total lunar eclipse. We enjoy clear skies about 360 days of the year but that afternoon the clouds rolled in. By the time the eclipse was almost total the clouds cleared but I was very disappointed not to see the whole thing unfolding.IMG_0429.JPG

Last edited:
I wonder, since the moon affects the tides etc, is it possible that the alignment of the moon and sun itself is what causes the cloud? Like the gravity affects the air pressure leading to cloud formation? or something? haha I'm not a meteorologist nor a astrophysicist so that might be total guff haha