CLOSED - Science Technician with Chemistry Experience - Bath, Somerset Permanent Closing Date 29th April. Immediate start possible.

The current post-holder works a 4 day 32 hr week. She arrives early and leaves mid-afternoon. The College is reasonably flexible over when you start/finish. Hours would be one aspect that would be negotiable but I would expect the new person would be asked to work a 5 day week.

As for pay, we are paid on a par with most Technicians we believe. The advert does not carry a salary level and as we are Independent it's not on a Banded system. I have no more information than that I'm afraid.

It's a lovely place to work and we have some great Teachers who are good at their job. We have a very supportive Head of Science who values the Technicians as a key part of the team.

I can't see any indication of the pay in the advert ?

Private schools usually pay well, but in my experience they did not like advertising it because they don't want candidates that are in it "just for the money" and state schools pay crap but don't like advertising it because it's too low and puts off candidates...
I'll be right back, just going to bang my head repeatedly on the desk.

Last edited:
Private schools usually pay well, but in my experience they did not like advertising it because they don't want candidates that are in it "just for the money" and state schools pay crap but don't like advertising it because it's too low and puts off candidates...
I'll be right back, just going bang my head repeatedly on the desk.
True, although I've also seen some ads from independents that pay shockingly badly. I still wouldn't apply for a job that didn't tell me the pay though, it kind of makes you wonder what else they wouldn't tell you.

One thing which might be pertinent:
It's private school holidays without having to work on Saturdays.