CLOSED - Science Technician vacancy at Alton School, Hampshire to start Sept 2020

Science Technician (Full Time TTO) Required September 2020

Alton School (Independent Day School) in Hampshire are looking to appoint a proactive and enthusiastic technician who will provide effective support for the teaching staff in our Science Department. Health and safety is vital to this role and the successful candidate will ensure Health and Safety standards are maintained to the highest levels. The successful candidate will have strong organisational and planning skills, with the ability to work independently, and calmly and effectively under pressure. This is a hands-on role, provisioning practicals for Senior school and 6th Form Biology (including Microbiology)/Chemistry and some Physics, advising teachers on CLEAPSS updates, and maintaining the science laboratories, equipment and apparatus.

In return, Alton School will provide you with an attractive salary, excellent opportunities to develop, a friendly and professional team, free parking and lunches. To apply, please submit a brief letter of application together with a completed Application Form found on website https://www.altonschool.co.uk/about/community/careers/ to acomfort@altonschool.ac.uk. All applications will be acknowledged. It is anticipated that interviews will take place over Skype or FaceTime in light of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Alton School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants undergo enhanced child protection screening relevant to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS. Full job description on request or on website https://www.altonschool.co.uk/about/community/careers/

Last edited:
This is an initial flag - an ad is being prepped and will be out later today - watch this space:

Alton School in Hampshire are looking for a Science Technician (TTO) to start September 2020. The post is for a sole technician to work in a small independent school to assist with practicals for all school Science including those at Sixth Form level (class sizes are small). Lunch is provided. Bursary offered for children of staff.

It is my role - I am taking a different career path. Happy to answer questions in advance of ad....
I take it this is an Independent school.

Good to be tempted, its a respected role here as you get involved with all aspects of school life....I have always felt a necessary cog in the wheel.

Job ad may go out tomorrow now as all staff maxed out today with prep for closure.