CLOSED - Lead Science Technician Vacancy, Houghton Le Spring closing date extended to 14/09/2020

Hi everyone,

I am leaving the science department at Kepier to work at Durham University so my job is being advertised, its a sole technician role for the most part, last year I had trial T level student working with me from Sunderland college for some of the time. The department is lovely and I will miss them!

Good luck if you apply! https://kepier.com/information/vacancies/

Lead Science Technician – to start as soon as possible

37 hrs per week, Permanent Term Time (38 weeks) plus 15 days NJC Scale, Point range 6 – 8 Pro Rata £17,034 – £17,721 (Full-Time Equivalent £19,171 to £19,945)

A lead technician is required to join our science department to provide high quality technical support. A positive work ethic with an interest in education is essential.

The successful candidate should have experience of working in a similar role, ideally within an educational setting. It is essential that the successful candidate has excellent organisational skills, works well both independently and as part of a team, is able to follow instructions and show initiative. The post holder will need to develop effective and safe in-class practices, and will be expected to work proactively in a classroom situation to support practical lessons.

Application form, job description and person specification for the position are available on-line at www.kepier.com. Applications should be returned to Sonia Younghusband, HR Officer at recruitment@kepier.com by no later than noon on Monday 31st August 2020. It is hoped that interviews will take place early September 2020. Please note that applications can only be accepted on the Kepier application form; applications by CV will not be accepted.

Kepier is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people. An enhanced DBS Certificate is required for this position. Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage.

Yes I think so, although I won't fully know until I start! I used a lot of examples from working here in my application form and in my interview.

Yes I think so, although I won't fully know until I start! I used a lot of examples from working here in my application form and in my interview.
It is good to be able to take ones skills to a university setting. Is there differences in pay and other perks? Kind of really like working in a lab environment so I wonder what skills I could take elsewhere if needed..

karen b

COMMITTEE
It is good to be able to take ones skills to a university setting. Is there differences in pay and other perks? Kind of really like working in a lab environment so I wonder what skills I could take elsewhere if needed..

I used to work in a university, I left in 2007 when my husband’s job moved abroad. My pay is still about £10,000 below what I was earning