Cleaning the fridge

Hi to everyone,

I will need to thoroughly clean the fridge during half term,

Never put e-coli in. Mostly chicken wings in containers, some agar jelly, potatoes and daphnia (and of course bread, butter, milk, yogurt etc)

Any tips on this? Any specific cleaning products?

Regards

karen b

COMMITTEE
Either Dettol hard surface cleaner or something similar that the cleaners/caretakers use around the place. Hot soapy water to wash down the shelving

Have a look on this website https://www.safe4disinfectant.com/ They sell a range of sterilising and cleaning products that are very effective against bacteria etc. They are widely used in hospitals and are environmentally and vegan friendly, animal cruelty free and kill viruses, fungi and bacteria.Also
  • It does NOT contain harmful Phenols, Aldehydes or Alcohol
  • It is NON-toxic, NON-staining, NON-tainting and a NON-irritant at all working dilutions
  • It is kind to the environment, as it is water-based and biodegradable
  • It is manufactured in the United Kingdom and efficacy tested by recognised UK laboratories As you can tell I love it (sad I know)

I just use dettol clean & fresh- the citrus one as it's good at eliminating fleshy smells.

As an aside, the top tips forum isn't generally the best place for questions; it's a place to share good ideas you already know.
You'd do better posting things like this in General Discussion. :)

Depending whats been in the fridge, a spray of diluted Virkon wouldn't do any harm either.

That said, Dettol now make scented sprays and they are AMAZING lol

Washing out with Bicarb helps kill smells. Once clean, leaving a pot of Bicarb in fridge works well too, change it regularly.
We also put bicarb on stink bomb residue.

Washing out with Bicarb helps kill smells. Once clean, leaving a pot of Bicarb in fridge works well too, change it regularly.
We also put bicarb on stink bomb residue.
I do the same at home. Clean, disinfect and wipe then follow up with a strong bicarb solution.