Christmas Crafts

Thanks Stelden :) if I had more free time on my hands I would think about it ^^ it's all go right now.
My son is very arty & makes amazing things for Cosplay & for friends, I've tried persuading him to sell things on Etsy or somewhere, especially as he lost his job during lockdown #1, but it's a confidence thing, he is convinced his things aren't good enough, or that someone else can do it better! When I pointed out that some craft things are not that great & people make money from them, he said that's worse!!
Can't win, a Mother's place is in the wrong :rolleyes:

We kept a corn snake here for several years. One of the teachers bought it & insisted it was her snake, despite being paid for with Science money.
Funny though, he wasn't hers when it came to cleaning, feeding, buying food, taking him home for holidays etc! It was Muggins United here!
I named him Kelloggs Corn snake. He escaped during summer hols once & he appeared through the radiator pipe hole a few days before we came back to school. Another time he escaped in school & I found him curled up in the tubing drawer, must have though he was with his mates.
I used to like snakes until we had him, he projectile pooped on me once too often. :( Traitor.

We kept a corn snake here for several years. One of the teachers bought it & insisted it was her snake, despite being paid for with Science money.
Funny though, he wasn't hers when it came to cleaning, feeding, buying food, taking him home for holidays etc! It was Muggins United here!
I named him Kelloggs Corn snake. He escaped during summer hols once & he appeared through the radiator pipe hole a few days before we came back to school. Another time he escaped in school & I found him curled up in the tubing drawer, must have though he was with his mates.
I used to like snakes until we had him, he projectile pooped on me once too often. :( Traitor.
Aww! I've never been pooped on yet! *fingers crossed* :p

My son is very arty & makes amazing things for Cosplay & for friends, I've tried persuading him to sell things on Etsy or somewhere, especially as he lost his job during lockdown #1, but it's a confidence thing, he is convinced his things aren't good enough, or that someone else can do it better! When I pointed out that some craft things are not that great & people make money from them, he said that's worse!!
Can't win, a Mother's place is in the wrong :rolleyes:

That's a shame, he should really give it a go, nothing ventured.... the listings are about 20p a shot and they take 5% of the selling price. It's really easy to set up, and all the postage things are there (Royal Mail) to print - although I occasionally use a courier as it's cheaper. They pay directly into your bank account on a daily basis if you wish, no matter the payment method the buyer has used.

I have sold 'crafty' stuff in the past, but now I do vintage, mostly china - antique stuff is one of my hobbies and it's surprising what you can pick up at charity shops... or folk on eBay doing house clearance.

That's a shame, he should really give it a go, nothing ventured.... the listings are about 20p a shot and they take 5% of the selling price. It's really easy to set up, and all the postage things are there (Royal Mail) to print - although I occasionally use a courier as it's cheaper. They pay directly into your bank account on a daily basis if you wish, no matter the payment method the buyer has used.

I have sold 'crafty' stuff in the past, but now I do vintage, mostly china - antique stuff is one of my hobbies and it's surprising what you can pick up at charity shops... or folk on eBay doing house clearance.
I know. But telling someone who hasn't much confidence to do something is like banging head against brick wall!
As a parent you can't win, I asked him why, when I have always told him how clever, talented he is, he thinks he's hopeless a things. He doesn't know. If I compliment him he says, well, of course you think that, you're my mother, it's your job!
AAAAAARGH!!

Anyone else feeling crafty this December?

While I was trapped indoors for two weeks I made myself a topper for my new tree!
Obvs put my own spin on it, rather than going for the traditional angel/star. Merry Hissmas! :p

View attachment 5244

Made him with air drying clay, wrapped around a clear tube so when he's in place it looks like he's wrapped around the top branch. Painted in acrylics to match my Smaug. Knitted the hat- very fiddly!
The hat is removable and co-incidentally fits his flesh and blood counterpart for a quick photoshoot at some point between now and the 25th...
Had a thught yesterday, you've inspired me! I'm painting a tree frog poking out of my lab coat pocket. I am thinking Corn snake would look good slithering out of pocket too. Or spider crawling out...Hmmmm.

Had a thught yesterday, you've inspired me! I'm painting a tree frog poking out of my lab coat pocket. I am thinking Corn snake would look good slithering out of pocket too. Or spider crawling out...Hmmmm.
That sounds awesome Jaytee :D
Maybe not a spider; in my experience there are a lot of arachnophobes working in schools (or I would have a Work Tarantula by now) XD