Christmas Crafts

Anyone else feeling crafty this December?

While I was trapped indoors for two weeks I made myself a topper for my new tree!
Obvs put my own spin on it, rather than going for the traditional angel/star. Merry Hissmas! :p

Ornament!.jpg

Made him with air drying clay, wrapped around a clear tube so when he's in place it looks like he's wrapped around the top branch. Painted in acrylics to match my Smaug. Knitted the hat- very fiddly!
The hat is removable and co-incidentally fits his flesh and blood counterpart for a quick photoshoot at some point between now and the 25th...

Wow Emma that's so realistic. If it was mine I'd be thinking the snake had escaped every time I looked at the tree!

I love the snake!
I love doing crafts but rarely take the time to do them. I've just completed a couple of cross stitch christmas decs. I need to get on with my wreath, I'll raid school garden for some greenery before I go home, not much in my own garden.
Recently my son & his girlfriend had the idea of getting plates for us all to paint from local ceramic cafe. They delivered & provided all equipment, we dropped them off to be put in Kiln & collected couple of days later. Was such a relaxing way to spend a Saturday.
You've inspired me! I have a big pack of air dry clay I bought & haven't used yet.

I love the snake!
I love doing crafts but rarely take the time to do them. I've just completed a couple of cross stitch christmas decs. I need to get on with my wreath, I'll raid school garden for some greenery before I go home, not much in my own garden.
Recently my son & his girlfriend had the idea of getting plates for us all to paint from local ceramic cafe. They delivered & provided all equipment, we dropped them off to be put in Kiln & collected couple of days later. Was such a relaxing way to spend a Saturday.
You've inspired me! I have a big pack of air dry clay I bought & haven't used yet.
That sounds lovely Jaytee! :D Relaxing indeed. Would love to see the wreath! I'm making one of those living ones with succulent plants and moss.

While I was trapped indoors for two weeks I made myself a topper for my new tree!
Obvs put my own spin on it, rather than going for the traditional angel/star. Merry Hissmas! :p

View attachment 5244

Made him with air drying clay, wrapped around a clear tube so when he's in place it looks like he's wrapped around the top branch. Painted in acrylics to match my Smaug. Knitted the hat- very fiddly!
The hat is removable and co-incidentally fits his flesh and blood counterpart for a quick photoshoot at some point between now and the 25th...
I seriously thought you had knitted a hat for your snake and got him to wear it. So realistic :greatjob:

View attachment 5244

This is amazing, you should really consider selling these on Etsy.

Thanks Stelden :) if I had more free time on my hands I would think about it ^^ it's all go right now.