Chocolate eating rules

I do that with lasagne :laughing: and eat each part of my dinner separately. My mum has, in the last few years, finally given up telling me off for not putting a bit of everything on my fork which is apparently how you're 'supposed' to eat !
Urghh! Putting a bit of everything on a fork is just wrong! I've never eaten like that. Everything separately :shocked::shocked:

horrible chocolates??? What are those??
Sounds like an oxymoron, doesn't it? :laughing: But for me, coffee creams (if I want to taste coffee, I'll drink coffee - don't sully my chocolate with it :rolleyes:) and Turkish delight (if I wanted to have the taste of flowers in my mouth I'd go out and chew a rose.... :laughing:) ..... :sick: Strawberry creams just acceptable provided they're not too sweet (not a huge fan of the white chocolate ones, for example). Not that I'm fussy......! :p

Right?
Most people in my life have given me odd comments on the fact that I never dunk soup in bread- I always ask for/eat both, soup and dry unbuttered bread, just separately.
The only time I do put a bit of everything on my fork it has to be in (visibly agonised over) exactly correct proportions, so I usually just mix it all into an even food mush first to be safe.
Yes, the alternative to eating everything separately is to mix it all into a homogenous mush ! I wasn't going to admit to that one but since you have ... :laughing:

Last edited:
But for me, coffee creams (if I want to taste coffee, I'll drink coffee - don't sully my chocolate with it

LOL - this reminds me of an incident from when I was first married. We had been given a box of those delicious Neopolitan chocolates (little individually wrapped bars of different flavoured chocolate). I got home from work one day, and my (new) husband announced that he had eaten all the "horrible" ones, so that I could enjoy the others. He had eaten the coffee flavoured ones...which I LOVE!!!!!!

35 years later we are still very happily married...and he leaves ALL the coffee flavoured chocolates for ME! Win win :laughing::laughing:

Ha ha I could happily share a box of chocs with some of you - as I love any type of coffee and chocolate combination, love turkish delight and love bounties (preferably the milk chocolate ones!). Can't believe other people would turn their noses up at these :laughing:

It is the strawberry and orange creams that get left in our house - but obviously will still eat them when that is all that is left!!!

Ha ha I could happily share a box of chocs with some of you - as I love any type of coffee and chocolate combination, love turkish delight and love bounties (preferably the milk chocolate ones!). Can't believe other people would turn their noses up at these :laughing:

It is the strawberry and orange creams that get left in our house - but obviously will still eat them when that is all that is left!!!
I'll see you the weekend then, which day suits you. I am available both days

Hmm, maybe it's just me, but chocolate eating is really pick one up (not coffee) open mouth, insert, chew and enjoy. There is no procedure usually because my friends and colleagues are like swarms of locust around food.

I tend to eat the external layer of chocolate first, then the filling then the base if it's a truffle type thing with a distinct base. I get very excited if my Malteasers have "loose" skins so I can peel them off. I prefer soft centres - not very keen on nutty chocolate (especially if there are still pieces of nuts in it - hate Ferrero Rocher). I don't like cold chocolate so I never get a flake in my ice-cream. I'm a little bit obsessed with the Caramilk chocolate at the moment much to the disgust of my diet!

Creme eggs I used to like splitting into two halves but they're usually too firmly glued these days so instead I just chomp the top, lick as much of the inside as I can and then nibble the wall down until I can lick the inside out again.

Swiss rolls/mini rolls I tend to unroll to eat. Sandwich biscuits like custard creams (but not bourbons which are horrible) get dismantled so I can eat the filling first. Leibniz biscuits I eat by removing as much of the chocolate as possible before I have to attack the biscuit itself.

Full sized Bounties are great - mini ones taste off. Red ones are better than blue.

Urghh! Putting a bit of everything on a fork is just wrong! I've never eaten like that. Everything separately :shocked::shocked:
Everything separately but with gravy/sauce. I hardly ever use a knife and fork, if it has to be cut up I do it all at once and then just use my fork. Even better if I can use the edge of the fork instead of the knife.

Right?
Most people in my life have given me odd comments on the fact that I never dunk soup in bread- I always ask for/eat both, soup and dry unbuttered bread, just separately.
The only time I do put a bit of everything on my fork it has to be in (visibly agonised over) exactly correct proportions, so I usually just mix it all into an even food mush first to be safe.
Yes, I don't do that, but I get it.
If I have scrambled eggs or beans they must go next to toast not on it! Yuk, soggy toast.
I also take sandwiches apart & rearrange.
My son mashes everything together. not appetising at all. My other son hates mixed food, so stir fry is a nightmare for him. I usually hoik a bit of the veg mix out & put to one side with the chicken for him. :rolleyes: Although, to be fair, if it's mixed, he still eats it, but it's painful to watch him fishing everything out & un-mixing it.

I eat orange bit of jaffa cake first, then cake bit. Chocs are nibbled around edge first. Same with kit kat as everyone else.
Sons tell me I'm like a little kid, if I have Maltesers I put pack on radiator or somewhere warm to melt chocolate, so I can lick it off wrapper, then eat the Malty balls. Yum.
I might buy some on my way home!

A lady I knew fed a squirrel that came in her garden every day . Used to buy packs of Wagon Wheels every week for him. He'd bang on the window if her kitchen TV wasn't on & he didn't have his treat. They called him Hungry Higgins.
BUT here's the thing, even animals eat things certain ways, he used to nibble all around edge of Wagon Wheel before eating the rest.
Wonder how he'd eat a kit Kat?