buying gallium

been asked to buy some gallium for the gallium/iron nail beating heart demos. None from science suppliers so looking on amazon and can see a few. Just want to check if anyone else has bought some this way. Also 'granular rather than a block' has been requested but the suppliers all seem to be treating it as a liquid form so I guess the closest is beads.
Looking at these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Magnametal...hild=1&keywords=gallium&qid=1622023455&sr=8-2
can anyone comment on if they will do the job or there are issues I don't know about?

I've purchased gallium on Amazon before. I would not worry about block vs granular, just look at the total mass. It will melt if it gets too warm shipping and be one big chunk anyway.

I looked at this a while ago and was planning to buy a disappearing spoon magic trick kit off ebay, but I've just looked and there don't seem to be any listed any more :(

thanks -
I looked at the Fisher but it is too much for a demo! So I think I will go with amazon, although I do understand the recommendations. But if other people have got what they wanted I think it seems a reasonable action.
re the block - that is what I thought, that it is apt to turn up as a blob anyway. Unless it is shipped cool to ensure its shape.
Very leery of the 'magic' supplies but some does seem to be advertised more straightforwardly as the element.

been asked to buy some gallium for the gallium/iron nail beating heart demos. None from science suppliers so looking on amazon and can see a few. Just want to check if anyone else has bought some this way. Also 'granular rather than a block' has been requested but the suppliers all seem to be treating it as a liquid form so I guess the closest is beads.
Looking at these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Magnametal...hild=1&keywords=gallium&qid=1622023455&sr=8-2
can anyone comment on if they will do the job or there are issues I don't know about?
Someone's got to ask what's the Gallium/Iron beating heart demo ???? In my Defence I Was Never A Chemist

it is interesting that, if I read it right, the explanation has changed. When it was done with mercury there was one explanation, but with mercury being non grata people tried gallium. And it shouldn't work, according the the old explanation of what is going on. So a new explanation for what seems to be the same result, if not necessarily the same cause (but horses not zebras!).

I bought a small vial of Gallium from Ebay for little experiments at home. It comes as a solid and not granular. I have just looked on Ebay but I cannot see the listing any more, sorry

I bought a vial of beads, £22, seems as advertised.
Having some trouble getting it to work that dramatically. Increased the strength of the acid (working from the eic method) and used a narrower panel pin rather than bulky nail. It moves a few times but doesn't last that long. Some more trialling to come.

I was wondering if anyone else was doing this and if they have any tips on how to get a good, prolonged movement.