Bung Storage

How do you all store your rubber bungs? The system I inherited is pretty unhelpful (plastic bags inside of 4 cardboard boxes), and I'm looking for inspiration to revamp my bungs.

CovTech

Lvl 37 Alchemist
COMMITTEE
Gratnel trays, sorted and labelled by size in a low triple column gratnell trolley

We use a range of grattnels with some margarine pots used for the odd ones (two hole, odd hole sizes etc).
We probably have around 6 trays in all.

Sorry to let the side down but mine are in labelled plastic bags in cardboard boxes. I do have 1 box for no hole, 1 box for single hole and another for 2 hole so I'm not a complete bungaholic

We (Physics) have two trays - one for rubber and one for cork - that everything is thrown into. Chemistry has it much better organised by size and number of holes - if you want a specific sized bung it's often faster to go upstairs and get one than rummage through our trays :rolleyes:

Three drawers. Top one is for the normal range (~13-24) sorted by diameter, number of holes. Next drawer is for larger ones, sorted the same way, final drawer is for smaller ones and corks, with the smallest in bags.

clairelucas

COMMITTEE
2 deep drawers, top drawer all 'usual' bungs in ziplock bags labelled by size/item ((13)t-t, (17) conical, (21)b-t etc) Decant into trays/margarine tubs for class use. Lower tray for bungs with holes, cork etc.