Bubbles in Thermometers

I just tried the glycerol technique to fix a load of thermometers with bubbles, most were fixed but two exploded in the beaker! You definitely need to go slowly and keep a close eye.

Put the bulb end of the thermometer in a large bung and then bang the bung vertically up and down on the desk repeatedly (or put the whole thing in a measuring cylinder with a bung in the top as a lid and shake vigorously) and your bubbles will magically disappear!
I had quite a few that just wouldn't respond to other methods. This worked a treat! Thank you!

Put the bulb end of the thermometer in a large bung and then bang the bung vertically up and down on the desk repeatedly (or put the whole thing in a measuring cylinder with a bung in the top as a lid and shake vigorously) and your bubbles will magically disappear!
I don't do it with a bung I just hit it onto a thick book or pile of tissues. Never broke one yet.... I have loads to do...It is a good stress buster....

My tried and trusted method which has been perfected over many years is to hold at at the top, between finger and thumb and give it a sharp flick of the wrist.
If more than one bubble, may take more than one flick.

My ex-boss used to bung them in a centrifuge - bulb down /outwards obv.

Worked a treat - just make sure you balance it and don't smash them getting them in / out.

I've always wafted them through a flame on a tealight. A bunsen yellow flame is too strong but a tealight is pretty gentle. I've fixed 100s this way and only lost two to date but when those two went they sure went with a bang so do please wear goggles while doing it (just in case!)