Boiled eggs

paul r

COMMITTEE
When boiling a class set of eggs for practical's such as Cleapss PP070 - Pushing an egg into a conical flask using air pressure. I have found that the automatic egg
1621426839178.png

boilers are invaluable . You can buy larger models that boil up to 12 eggs at a time,the eggs are very easy to peel

1621426839178.png

I hate hard boiled eggs!
We're doing a STEM challenge, launching an egg with parachute from a rocket - as the Mars landings did.
We can't use even slightly cracked eggs, so the D&T Tech has boiled them in batches of 30 - all 150 of them.
That's 50 cracked eggs, plenty for egg sandwiches for weeks to come!
And we still need 12 more uncracked ones.

Our lower school tech needed lots for something so asked the kitchen if they could supply them - they make egg sandwiches daily so boiling a few extra was not really an issue.

Brake's who supply the canteen do them peeled in buckets.

paul r

COMMITTEE
Brake's who supply the canteen do them peeled in buckets.

I would eat those for lunch ! Not all at once obviously !!

I hate hard boiled eggs!
We're doing a STEM challenge, launching an egg with parachute from a rocket - as the Mars landings did.
We can't use even slightly cracked eggs, so the D&T Tech has boiled them in batches of 30 - all 150 of them.
That's 50 cracked eggs, plenty for egg sandwiches for weeks to come!
And we still need 12 more uncracked ones.
Update. We budgeted for 16 eggs per class, cos when they cracked they team is out. HOD has just taken 30 to decorate, first teacher to use them has taken 28. And we were already 12 short. Do they think money grows on trees? Or that the D&Tech has nothing else to do except boil eggs?

Update. We budgeted for 16 eggs per class, cos when they cracked they team is out. HOD has just taken 30 to decorate, first teacher to use them has taken 28. And we were already 12 short. Do they think money grows on trees? Or that the D&Tech has nothing else to do except boil eggs?
Argh!

I would eat those for lunch ! Not all at once obviously !!
Did anyone see the film "Cool Hand Luke" with another Paul - Actor Paul Newman where he took on the "eating 50 eggs challenge".
Incidentally, the world record for eating hard boiled eggs is 141 eggs in 8 mins! I've no idea how someone could do that! Terrible indigestion ay??

Did anyone see the film "Cool Hand Luke" with another Paul - Actor Paul Newman where he took on the "eating 50 eggs challenge".
Incidentally, the world record for eating hard boiled eggs is 141 eggs in 8 mins! I've no idea how someone could do that! Terrible indigestion ay??
:eek: One doesn't like to contemplate the digestive consequences there. Think it would need to be followed up by a prune challenge...

Boiled eggs always reminds me of Robert De Niro eating eggs in Angel Heart. He does evil extremely well.

Wow, your D & T tech will do this?! Hotplate & beaker for us, or in an old kettle.