Better Equipped

I know there were delays with deliveries from Better Equipped - does anyone have any recent experience of whether this is still a problem & how long orders are taking to arrive?

Thanks

prepAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
COMMITTEE
Before any replies, can I remind all members of the rules you all agreed to when joining this forum. (https://community.preproom.org/index.php?help/terms/)

A negative personal experience with any supply company is a matter best remedied by contacting the supplier directly. Usually issues are quickly resolved which is why we do not allow posting about problems with any supplier here. Negative posts remain online and Google indexed potentially for decades which leads to untold problems, potential libel action and claims of slander years after the initial post was made.

As always we encourage discussion on a range of subjects and if you wish to praise a particular supplier publicly you are free to do so but we do not welcome criticism of any supplier whether they are sponsors here or not. They do not have the right of reply here and any attempts at solving issues publicly end up very messy, as do heated comparisons between suppliers. Everyone has their favourite supplier and this varies across the country for many different reasons.

So, in essence if you have had great service from a supplier - feel free to post about it. If you have an issue, contact them directly instead.

Thank you.

Apologies, this is not meant as negative, just wanting to know whether it is worth ordering from BE right now if the lead time is long - they have a note on their home page to advise that they are experiencing delays, so it is just to ask for further information if anyone had anything to add.

I like Better Equipped which is why I often order from them!

I know there were delays with deliveries from Better Equipped - does anyone have any recent experience of whether this is still a problem & how long orders are taking to arrive?

Thanks
I had an order which hadn't arrived after a month, chased it up and a rep came to apologise (with a box of Cadbury's fingers). They've had teething problems with a new system apparently. My delivery appeared 48hrs after

Nick Mitchener

COMMITTEE
There are a whole load of supply issues at the moment, they seem arise from 3 main issues, Brexit, Global shipping shortages of containers and delays from Suez disruption, China not having a successful vaccine programme and instead having frequent lockdowns.

Our recent delivery took a little longer than usual to arrive - they have implemented a new accounts/inventory system and there were a few teething problems with it (@prepAdmin - this is publicised on their website and in correspondence but if I'm not allowed to say please delete this!! ;)) but everything did arrive, and with a nice letter apologising and offering a discount on our next order. A call to chase up does no harm either. If there's something urgent, they also advise that there is an "urgent order facility at no extra charge" (on P 2 of the catalogue apparently). Also free chocolate with all orders... :)

It's the same with all suppliers, some items come from China, if you need it asap, ask if they have stock in their warehouse.

Peter Dale

Dammit man! I'm a technician, not a magician!
I just called them to follow up on an outstanding order from the 13-14 October, so about 5 weeks ago. The operator cited their supply issues, but that stock was finally in for it. She said she would speed it along for me and it should arrive this week.

I've noticed issues across the board to varying degrees too. Since covid and the implementation of brexit, anything last minute that you might need just isn't possible anymore. Where before I could replace something within a day or two, stuff now takes at least a week to arrive.

So in answer to the original question, it is still having an impact, and it's not one that I think will ever go away compared to how things were before now that the 'just-in-time' supply chain has been thoroughly disrupted. We just have to factor longer delivery times in now whoever we go with. I recommend not waiting as long as I did to chase it up. As Paul has said, ring them up to enquire about stock levels (though one would expect this to be reflected on their website), and ring up after a week or two if stuff hasn't arrived. They may have the stock but just not have gotten to your order yet.

They're a lovely company to deal with! Sometimes they hang on until they have everything on your order before sending it unless finance requests that items are sent as & when they are available.
I called them recently & they said this was the case so sent my items that they had in stock straight away.

I'm still waiting on an order placed on 20th October, but its nothing I need urgently. I still might give them a call to query it though. I don't mind the wait because I like them as a company and their customer service is usually good.

I placed an order with a company at the end of October, everything arrived within a matter of days, except for one part of the order. This is not expected to arrive until the New Year. I was given the option to cancel and try another company. But, as it's something that's not critical, I've decide that I'm happy to wait. I've found that every company that I've dealt with have been great, if I have to wait so be it. However if it's needed it urgently.....!!

They're a lovely company to deal with! Sometimes they hang on until they have everything on your order before sending it unless finance requests that items are sent as & when they are available.
I called them recently & they said this was the case so sent my items that they had in stock straight away.
Plus money off next order as apology & chocs :love:

I placed an order in June that arrived about a week later (barring a couple of items which arrived after about a month). I placed another small order at the end of September that arrived last week - it wasn't urgent so I didn't chase.

Carys

I work with MarieW!
Our order was delayed while they switched over to a new system. Last week they sent us an apology letter and a code for £10 off when we spent £100. Prior to this they've always been fantastic so hopefully they're back up and running again.

Technician Q

(she/her)
We’re waiting for two orders - one is due in next week as they were waiting on stock. Had to phone to get an update as it just said pending on the website. Need to chase another today. They’re very helpful on the phone and don’t keep you waiting so if it’s something urgent you might be better off calling in rather than placing the order online.

LukeMCA

RSciTech
i have been waiting a while for a few items I ordered. As they are still waiting for them to come in stock. I will usually chase with better equipped like any supplier I use for an estimated delivery date and keep asking if nothing arrives