Best Practice for Storing Flammables 'For Class Use'

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could share some tips/best practice for storing containers of flammables that are used to take into classes (i.e. not the stock bottles).

Polystop bottles seem sensible for this purpose in terms of ease-of-use in the classroom...however I'm conscious that storing any 'leftovers' in these after a lesson could present problems for certain flammables (e.g. due to peroxide formation in isopropanol). Similarly, solutions of, say, acetone will presumably change concentration (or just evaporate in the case of pure acetone!)

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could share some tips/best practice for storing containers of flammables that are used to take into classes (i.e. not the stock bottles).

Polystop bottles seem sensible for this purpose in terms of ease-of-use in the classroom...however I'm conscious that storing any 'leftovers' in these after a lesson could present problems for certain flammables (e.g. due to peroxide formation in isopropanol). Similarly, solutions of, say, acetone will presumably change concentration (or just evaporate in the case of pure acetone!)

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

All of my bottles of flammables that I put out for students are in the usual polystop bottles, I haven't noticed anything bad from doing this. They are stored in the flammables cabinet in the same bottle that I give to the students.

clairelucas

COMMITTEE
Due to covid, my usual class set in polystop bottles has now expanded to 2 class sets so other year group can use, using universals (using what I have available.) Seems to have less of a problem with evaporation, and store in smaller class set tray as a result.
If there's likely to be any longer term issues with them, I'd be interested to know (like can they be stored like that over summer hols...? )