Bending a stream of water using static

paul r

COMMITTEE

Not sure if you can open you tube clip

Would like to do this in a classroom , no taps

Therefore will have to be a water container with a hole in to form a water stream.

I have had limited success bending water stream !

Any tips please

Thanks
Paul

Therefore will have to be a water container with a hole in to form a water stream.

Any tips please

Thanks
Paul

Any tips please

Thanks
Paul
I use a standard school plastic rule and a microfibre cloth, the stream must be continuous, not droplets.

Any tips please

Thanks
Paul

Since we had those stupid things attached to our taps, we no longer get a nice steady enough stream from them.
So we use a distilled water squeezy bottle ( the ones with the long nozzles, sorry, Physicist, don't know their proper name) or a washing up liquid bottle.
Not as convenient as a tap but works for the demo.

paul r

COMMITTEE
The prep room community has come up trumps again! I have lost count how many times I have had a problem resolved on this forum . Even if the solution was sitting on the shelf right in front of me !!
So again thanks to you all !

I used a cup with a hole in the bottom with a rubber tube attached to it, then a hoffman clip to control the water stream, as it was for year 6s, I didn't trust them with a burrette. Then use a plastic rod and a rag of fluffy cloth, worked really well for the students.

I put a small hole in the side of a 1l milk carton, and gave them it with a gratnells tray and the usual acetate rod and cloth. Worked fine.