Balance passed the PAT now doesn't turn on

Greetings to everyone,

The balance of our prep room passed recently the PAT by the Care Taker (during summer) but yesterday I tried to use it for the first time after the PAT,

It didn't turn on!

I am talking about this balance:

IMG_20201110_145950.jpgIMG_20201111_120342.jpg

What could have gone wrong? (The adaptor doesn't have a fuse I could change)

Which should be my next actions?

Regards

Possibly an internal fuse has blown. Are you able to take it apart and have a look. Have you tried another adapter (they can fail) first though.

Possibly an internal fuse has blown. Are you able to take it apart and have a look. Have you tried another adapter (they can fail) first though.
Still trying to find a similar adaptor (DC 12V, 150mA) to trial

it's dc so only the mains adaptor would need testing (and that is class 2). try another one they fail sometimes.

We did the same thing last week. Tech called out to me 'uh oh, balance not working'.
Checked electric by plugging in kettle, checked adaptor etc, then after a little rant about how we will afford new one , shall we get it fixed, I suddenly said, 'you did switch it on I take it?'
:rolleyes::D
It's the old 'have you tried turning it off & on again'

I had something similar happen with a PAT test a year ago. This wasn't a case of an elusive I/O switch though. One of my power packs just would not draw any power. NTG called it earlier - internal fuse that I had no idea was in there had blown expressly because of the PAT test. I tried so many fuse swaps in the plugs and determined that the fuses worked before trying them. It was maddening simply because I didn't know of the internal fuse.

Is it quite common for PAT tests to blow fuses?

I've had a few items not work after PAT in a previous job. Never known exactly why and left that job not long after. Just a kettle here doesn't seem to work after PAT testing this year - I could live with that.

I had something similar happen with a PAT test a year ago. This wasn't a case of an elusive I/O switch though. One of my power packs just would not draw any power. NTG called it earlier - internal fuse that I had no idea was in there had blown expressly because of the PAT test. I tried so many fuse swaps in the plugs and determined that the fuses worked before trying them. It was maddening simply because I didn't know of the internal fuse.

Is it quite common for PAT tests to blow fuses?
Well I have a microscope which passed the test recently but the light source doesn't work now :(

Had a small window (10 mins) to set up the ripple tank yesterday (basic kit), done this so many times before so no worries there, motor turned on for the plane waves bar ok then the light which needs 0 -10V dc from a power supply, it didn't come on, so tinkered and tinkered time running down before students start arriving, asked my colleague for a second opinion and to bring the spare just in case, he turns up checks then presses the reset button and hey presto! Doh! moment in my head! :) One of those days